Crashing worry with P3

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am very new to flying and I have my first P3 coming in. I have been reading the forums and I see lot's of incident's with P3's crashing, some battery, some possible user error. My question is just how reliable is the P3? 1,500 bucks is a lot of money to go down the drain for a malfunction.

TIA
Dave

It's very reliable if you take the time to learn how it works, configure the settings properly, do pre-flight checks, etc. There are very few incidents considering the amount of people who own Phantoms. A lot of those incidents are caused by pilot error too. Do your homework and you'll be all set to fly safely :)

Reactions: sifu128
Totally agree with msinger's statement above...

Definitely not "some possible user error"..

There are plenty of "user errors"!..

The users simply haven't educated themselves well enough to recognise it was their fault!

Just take your time & read the educational threads on this forum - not the horror stories (which are usually the only reasons users take to posting - many others just sit on the side line... or are too busy actually flying their P3's :)

I'd recommend anyone to get a hubsan x4 to practice flying cheaply. If you can fly that accurately round a dining table stopping at each corner you will have no trouble flying a gps quad like the phantom.

First rule of rc is never fly anything you can't afford to crash and walk away smiling, hopefully it won't happen but you never know :)

Thanks guys! This makes me feel better with my investment :) This looks like a very powerful and fun piece of equipment and I am really excited!

The latest firmware updates states that it resolves the 'fluctuating battery voltage problem'. I wonder if that means users have a stronger argument for a warranty claim?

The latest firmware updates states that it resolves the 'fluctuating battery voltage problem'. I wonder if that means users have a stronger argument for a warranty claim?

Start your own thread to discuss!!

Your post is not related to OP's thread in any way!

Happy flying :)

Start your own thread to discuss!!

Your post is not related to OP's thread in any way!

Happy flying :)

The OP states that he is worried about P3's crashing, some crashes, because of batteries. I thought the news about the latest battery firmware update resolving those battery issues would put his mind at ease. As a sideline, it also raises another question.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl