Crashing DVR

Reaction score
I have a Lumenier DX600 DVR which is normally a really nice piece of kit, and even has it own screen.

However, a couple of times in my last 4 or 5 flight when I have gone to look at it and turn it off after the flight and it has been locked up - frozen screen, and not responding to any of the switches. On rebooting the video files are there but of unrecognised format - i.e. unplayable.

I wondered if anyone else had ever come across this, and whether there is something which may be triggering it. I wondered about changing the SD card to a different brand, but I am clutching at straws.

Any suggestions ?

Hughie said:
I have a Lumenier DX600 DVR which is normally a really nice piece of kit, and even has it own screen.

However, a couple of times in my last 4 or 5 flight when I have gone to look at it and turn it off after the flight and it has been locked up - frozen screen, and not responding to any of the switches. On rebooting the video files are there but of unrecognised format - i.e. unplayable.

I wondered if anyone else had ever come across this, and whether there is something which may be triggering it. I wondered about changing the SD card to a different brand, but I am clutching at straws.

Any suggestions ?

This procedure is only for the Lumenier DX600 DVR.
It has happened to me but the problem isn't with the DVR it's more like what has to be turned off first and when. Here's the startup order: Camera GP, RC, P2, Monitor and then the DVR. The reverse order DVR, P2, Camera, RC, and Monitor. Now if you shut off P2 first that is why the DVR freezes and the only way to shut it off is to remove the battery.

jason said:
Hughie said:

Any suggestions ?

This procedure is only for the Lumenier DX600 DVR.
It has happened to me but the problem isn't with the DVR it's more like what has to be turned off first and when. Here's the startup order: Camera GP, RC, P2, Monitor and then the DVR. The reverse order DVR, P2, Camera, RC, and Monitor. Now if you shut off P2 first that is why the DVR freezes and the only way to shut it off is to remove the battery.

Thanks for this Jason. I will try that, but I know that it has not crashed when I have tried it on the bench and have unplugged it from the Black Pearl. When it loses the signal it supposed to make that annoying alarm, not freeze. But anyway. I will try what you suggest, there is some sense to symmetrical power up /power down sequence anyway.

By the way, I checked my SD card and it is a crappy unbranded 2GB thing. Will keep it and try changing the sequence for now.

Thanks for posting.

The same thing happens when the P2 is shutoff before shutting off the DVR record.

jason said:
The same thing happens when the P2 is shutoff before shutting off the DVR record.

That is quite likely what I did :oops:

Try lowering the 'quality' setting from high to medium. I don't have a lumenier but my my rmrc dvr would lock up just like yours if the quality setting was too high.

jflyer3 said:
Try lowering the 'quality' setting from high to medium. I don't have a lumenier but my my rmrc dvr would lock up just like yours if the quality setting was too high.

It's not the higher quality that's the problem it's the sequence in which items are shutoff first going to the DX600 DVR. When your cold because you've been flying in 20° or lower you tend to forget which comes first.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl