Crashed - Lost - and found with the blue dot

Reaction score
As the title says I crashed and lost the position and found it with the blue dot.

Now, I have never seen or heard of the magic blue dot anywhere on the forum. Have I missed posts about it?

To make it short, I lodged in a tree going backwards and as I was looking at the screen I lost contact with eyeball Mk1, but I could see on the screen that I was at an altitude of 6 feet.

I walked to the row of trees 300 feet out still looking at my screen map on the satellite view. I could see the red pointer a/c position. As I walked I saw a blue slowly moving dot and wondered what it represented. As I walked the dot moved and it dawned on me that this was the map position of the controller that I was carrying.

I walked towards the a/c symbol so that the blue dot and the aircraft symbol merged and nearly trod on the a/c in the very tall grass. It had fallen out of the tree and suffered a broken prop with no other damage.

So, I have posted this to make other pilots aware of the relationship of the blue dot and the controller since I have never seen or heard of it before. My apologies if you know about the blue dot. I didn't.

Sheer magic.

P3A
Firmware versions
Go 3.1.5
P3A version 1.10.90
Controller 1.8.0

Cheers

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members