Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

To execute a CSC midair you need to be going full speed down, full yaw left (or right), full speed backwards, and full speed right (or left). All at the same time. That's A HUGE amount of movement! I can't imagine doing that accidentally. Especially on a P3.

I'd like to see the data log. Can we get the text log file? If it's not on the app, isn't it on the SD card on the camera?

Should be like how you initiate a compas calibration on the P2.
That is a very good idea... But I must admit when I see your name "jlo" I think Hey Hey.

To execute a CSC midair you need to be going full speed down, full yaw left (or right), full speed backwards, and full speed right (or left). All at the same time. That's A HUGE amount of movement! I can't imagine doing that accidentally. Especially on a P3.

I'd like to see the data log. Can we get the text log file? If it's not on the app, isn't it on the SD card on the camera?
It;s on the log as I posted way back. There is no dought I did a CSC. But if you watch what I was doing your might have seen how this could happen.
image1.PNG

But if you look at the video (P2V+3.0 as the P2A went down on the first day and the video card is in a watery grave) you can see flying backwards, side to side, coming down, and turning can get you into CSC.

Last edited:
I do appreciate that you guys are being supportive! I was hesitant to post because I have seen people get ripped limb from limb here for having their antennae crooked haha.

There would be NO reason for people to bombard you, the loss of the craft is bad enough.

I feel for you. I had a near destruction event.

I hit a bird (or rather the bird decided to kamikaze into the P3), didn't see it coming, just saw the resulting loss of picture right after flipping (it broke one of the props).

This was at about 20-25m height @ 400m away. Luckily (very luckily), it only broke one corner of the gimbal mounting plate, one prop gone and the 8 pin connector between the phantom and gimbal unit had all the pins pulled out of the plug (the plug was still seated).

All back together now thanks to some superglue and patience... but way back when, in 2013, I did manage CSC on a P1 ... and its such a rookie mistake I was pissed at myself (busted the gimbal up good on that one... P1 was unscathed but).

By the looks, you're up for a new camera unit and you should be back in the air.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
There would be NO reason for people to bombard you, the loss of the craft is bad enough.
Don't ever be afraid to post Dammit. Some will blame you, some will side with you. But we all need to know what happened. BTW did you ever find the flight log?

Just thinking out the box here , wonder if some smart person could come up with a way to clip something to
one of the sticks that would stop the stick just short of full movement to the CSC positions , but movable to
allow motor start up ?

Just thinking out the box here , wonder if some smart person could come up with a way to clip something to
one of the sticks that would stop the stick just short of full movement to the CSC positions , but movable to
allow motor start up ?
That would be sweet!

allow motor start up ?
How about a self destruct button you have to hold down for 1 second on the remote with a big red flashing light.

You could physically block off say 3 of the positions and only leave down and in as a possible combo so it could be used for firing up the motors. It would only be a small physical mod with a few drops of hot glue but it will interfere if you ever want to do a stick calibration afterwards

That would work too. If you are not liking DJI anymore look into the 3DR Solo
whoa whoa, I love my birds, I have spent what like 3k now cause I can't imagine not having one to fly, yes forgive me I am in love with a ***** with a mind of her own.

There are going to be 100 times the amount of complaints about phantoms because they will have sold 100 times the amount of birds than any other company, people complain more online than they praise that's just the nature of the internet and a side problem of dji's success. I wish my business had their multi billion dollar success problems ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
You could physically block off say 3 of the positions and only leave down and in as a possible combo so it could be used for firing up the motors. It would only be a small physical mod with a few drops of hot glue but it will interfere if you ever want to do a stick calibration afterwards
Sounds like an ideal job for a 3D printer - a little insert you can put into the yolk to keep the stick from going into the corners. Probably only need to do the left stick...

Which hasn't even shipped yet with its yet unknown problems?
Lol, I knew from the start it might go down for any reason, that's why I took my P2v+ with me to the lake. The Phantom's are great flying machines, the P3's range is amazing. It's great, I am not a troll, I love my birds. All I am saying as the OP, How is it that you can shut down motors in mid flight?

There are going to be 100 times the amount of complaints about phantoms because they will have sold 100 times the amount of birds than any other company, people complain more online than they praise that's just the nature of the internet and a side problem of dji's success. I wish my business had their multi billion dollar success problems ;)
Ya got that **** right !!.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT