Crash drone in ocean HELP

Reaction score
So my cousin crash his phantom 3 pro in the ocean. He dove in and took it out and put it in a closet for 1 year. I found the drone and tryed to see if it would work. I put in a new battery and all the lights turned on and the camera moved (like normal) but it wouldn't connect to my controller. What should I replace?

Did you perform the linking procedure? (I'm unclear about when you say it won't connect is why I'm asking). I sure hope he rinsed it out with distilled water (or at least fresh water) before he put it in the closet.

Reactions: Loz and BigAl07
What I tryed was turning on the drone and the controller and connecting like normal thu dji gi

Here you go:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I found the original remote and put the battery in the drone and got the remote on. And started everything
The light on the remote went green but in the app it Sayed disconnected

And when I turned them both on I tryed the turn it on and fly but couldn't but I could move the camera

He said this is a pro, not standard. Wi-Fi not needed except to activate.
Disconnected means tablet not communicating with controller. This is very common with Samsung devices. Restarting the tablet while controller is on and connected to tablet usually gets around the problem.

He said this is a pro, not standard. Wi-Fi not needed except to activate.
Disconnected means tablet not communicating with controller. This is very common with Samsung devices. Restarting the tablet while controller is on and connected to tablet usually gets around the problem.
Cheers i just notice that when reading,not read post proper,:)me delete

It's all good.
I crashed into branches of a dead tree in a bonehead move. I was recording when I crashed and was suprised recording stopped on hitting the branches. Battery popped out when I recovered the AC but I figured that happened when it hit the ground, as I don't think the impact to the branches was enough to pop out the battery.
No serious damage thanks to dense vegetation below the tree.

Now I start evering and power everything up and now the drone and remote will not connect to each other and the remote has a red light and will not stop beeping

Any ideas??

Have you charged the remote battery? if not start with that. You said earlier you have link between the remote to the Phantom - you need to get app to controller working, which should be easy as it didn't go in ocean right?

Does the Phantom respond to any controls from RC? Like start motors, camera up / down or anything..?

It's unlikely this is going to end well, given Phantom salt water, but hey you could be lucky lets try..

Last edited:
The phantom did connect to the remote and everything worked!YAY!! But now they won't even connect?? Any ideas

Every thing worked then I try the next day and the beeping and remote was going crazy and the beeping so I'll charge the remote and try it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.