Crack after update - warranty expired day of...

I would still register the complaint with DJI. If enough people do this, they may do something about it.

If you decide not to do it, DOWNGRADE the FIRMWARE STRAIGHT AWAY! The problem will only get worse with the existing firmware that is loaded in the aircraft.

Next step is to stop the crack from propagating. Perhaps get a new lower outer shell or use an epoxy to seal the crack?

Yeah Right!!!! good luck with DJi on the phantom. I went through the agony of dealing with DJI with cracks. no crashes. babied my phantom. no high speed use. Use super glue and baking soda. DJI customers service sucks.

While it is a structural weakening it can be repaired. It should either be fixed or the shell replaced. I've had cracks on my P3P's and used solvent type glue which has held without re-cracking for months. This repair best done on both inside and outside of crack areas.

Repair glue used:
https://www.amazon.com/SCIGRIP-1031...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AS1BHGRDKFF1T83M8D7C
Agreed. But if you're going to have to split the shell, anyway, you may as well just go ahead and replace the half.
I currently have a situation where I'm wondering if I should go to the trouble to replace a cracked landing strut. Still quite serviceable. I'll probably go ahead and do it anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel