Could i fly a quarter mile tunnel?

Reaction score
Its at least a quarter mile, underneath a lot of earth and woods. Train tracks.

You can if you are expert. You won't get GPS in such a tunnel and there could be a strong draft. Also tunnels have tons of steel which could affect compass. If you are expert in flying in ATTI mode with precision controls, then you can probably take risk else forget it.

Risky with a sensor dependent MR unless flown nearly manually.

How wide/tall is the tunnel? Can you guarantee it'll be train-free during your flight?

yes, in theory, you can you've got the proximity/narrow space option on the P4P which enables flying in narrow spaces. The question is why do you need to? A hand held video cam would give as good(if not better results) - just because you can, doesn't mean you should :D

Reactions: DrDoom and N017RW
True, i do have a 4K handheld i could mimic it, and some clever editing. I've been flying these toy drones a while so i have a pretty good confidence i wouldnt wreck. Zip around the woods all the tim. Like N017 and you guys are saying, ive no idea about technicalities.

I know the train schedule. Its a short train. But the reason is my friends and i used to hike this 5 mile path to get to the park when we were kids (before we could drive of course), over the hills and across some streams, onto the tracks and through this tunnel. Its very tall and wide. On a sunny day, its very lit at the end. i think it would be cool to see the light at the end getting bigger and out into the wode open. Ha, i have this thing now and am just thinking of video projects.

Life id all about taking risks. Even if the worst happens and you get it wrong... What a cool video it will still be. [emoji4]

True, i do have a 4K handheld i could mimic it, and some clever editing. I've been flying these toy drones a while so i have a pretty good confidence i wouldnt wreck. Zip around the woods all the tim. Like N017 and you guys are saying, ive no idea about technicalities.

I know the train schedule. Its a short train. But the reason is my friends and i used to hike this 5 mile path to get to the park when we were kids (before we could drive of course), over the hills and across some streams, onto the tracks and through this tunnel. Its very tall and wide. On a sunny day, its very lit at the end. i think it would be cool to see the light at the end getting bigger and out into the wode open. Ha, i have this thing now and am just thinking of video projects.

If you do pull this off (or even if you don't LOL) please post the video.

Well one issue will be needing permission to walk across a farm, back in the day as kids We'd just run if he stood on his porch and shot his shotgun in the air :/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves