Costs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been reading posts on here, and on the inspire page on the real estate industry.

I live in a remote area of Canada. I understand that $100 is to cheap for 10 photos with post-editing. I also know because I am in rural area that $600 or so is going to be declined.

I have spoken to 3 offices here and one said he sees no use for aerial photographer for rural properties. I spoke to another he said he will not budge over $300. If he is going to pay $300. He would just go an purchase his own uav for $4000 and do it himself. He did bring up a 50/50 idea. First half is paid for the photos. The other half is paid when the property sells. I see this being an issue if another realtor sells the property.

The market up here is that there is no one doing aerial photography. There is one buisness but they are mostly for oil and gas and he has a huge area to cover. Rural properties he charges 299 per photo.

Most places are going to take a bit of driving time as it is fairly rural. I was suggested to do 3-5 packages and offer to the realtors or get the realtors to offer the package to the seller.

Realtors here also do not want pictures to show if the home is in disrepair. Cracks in siding, how well the yard is kept up, etc.

I have a mavic pro and I did not find a page on that forum.

So looking for some input on this.

Because this is new territory up here I do not want to start low but I also understand that I need to build an image and get the name out there.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

After being a business owner for several years (30+) and all the battles that I have participated in, a few things that I learned along the way. There is no such thing as too much money. There are customers out there that do not want you to make a dime and they smile at you in that process. Find the ones that understand that you are going to provide for them a service that is the best they can find at a fair price and don’t waste your time on the other ones. One more thing. Just because you get a 100.00 check, doesn’t mean you have 100.00 to spend. Hope it works out for you.

Reactions: tayl0r
Unfortunately, there also is the reality where one's location in a remote area may make it economically impossible to be able to establish and successfully feed a particular type of business.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading posts on here, and on the inspire page on the real estate industry.

I live in a remote area of Canada. I understand that $100 is to cheap for 10 photos with post-editing. I also know because I am in rural area that $600 or so is going to be declined.

I have spoken to 3 offices here and one said he sees no use for aerial photographer for rural properties. I spoke to another he said he will not budge over $300. If he is going to pay $300. He would just go an purchase his own uav for $4000 and do it himself. He did bring up a 50/50 idea. First half is paid for the photos. The other half is paid when the property sells. I see this being an issue if another realtor sells the property.

The market up here is that there is no one doing aerial photography. There is one buisness but they are mostly for oil and gas and he has a huge area to cover. Rural properties he charges 299 per photo.

Most places are going to take a bit of driving time as it is fairly rural. I was suggested to do 3-5 packages and offer to the realtors or get the realtors to offer the package to the seller.

Realtors here also do not want pictures to show if the home is in disrepair. Cracks in siding, how well the yard is kept up, etc.

I have a mavic pro and I did not find a page on that forum.

So looking for some input on this.

Because this is new territory up here I do not want to start low but I also understand that I need to build an image and get the name out there.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

I live in rural south georgia. Not a lot of $500,000 listings. Most are between $150-250k range. If you are selling pictures only you will have a very tough time, especially at $100. There just isnt enough wow factor or demand for it, and the price isn't worth it to the agents.

What I did, is offer pictures and aerial video. This was intriguing, and caught on quickly. After working for a few agencies, one offered to keep me busy if I agreed to work exclusively for them. It worked great and was a win-win. I was able to do 75 houses last year. For this area, that's incredible!
Now, I also bought a cheap ricoh theta, and offered 360 interior tours, interior video walk throughs, and now iguide tours... but it all started from aerial videos and pics, and building relationships with realtors.

The value of anything is the amount someone is willing to exchange for it. If I lived in Atlanta, I would be able to charge 3x what I am right now. Know your market, and adjust accordingly, even if that means offering some other services.

Reactions: Jack Ley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31