Coron, Palawan, Philippines Drone Warning

Reaction score
Coron, Palawan is a beautiful island in the Philippines; it's also a great place to take your drone for some tropical aerial footage. If you go near the Twin Lagoons, be careful of those high limestone formations. My p4p's obstacle avoidance was turned off to maximize the battery life, and I crashed my drone doing a pull back shot. The quadcopter slammed into some trees and fell into a high and unretrievable spot. If anyone goes there and finds my p4p with their drone, please let me know! I've posted an image of the crash site; it's most likely stuck in one of the pockets sticking out of the limestone formation. I take full responsibility since the crash is 100% pilot error, but please be careful when you fly in that specific area since a lot of drones have crashed there according to the locals.

* For those that want to use the picture for reference, this snapshot is the left side of the twin lagoon.

Attachments

• YIAC0283.JPG
    YIAC0283.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 827
Last edited:
How much power do you expect the OA might consume? The Movidius SOC is less than 1w, even with the sensors included total consumption is likely insignificant compared to the propulsion system.

How much power do you expect the OA might consume? The Movidius SOC is less than 1w, even with the sensors included total consumption is likely insignificant compared to the propulsion system.
The battery power and speed were the main reasons the OA was turned off. I forgot to put that in the main post. I had to have the drone keep up with a moving boat out in the sea.

Interesting, I use OA enabled on my P4P to save power. With OA enabled it will limit the craft speed to 30mph, which is almost optimal to maximize battery life. With the 5870mah battery I get about 22 to 23 min flights.

Reactions: tml4191

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31