Controller won't work after firmware update

Reaction score
Put the new 1.08 software in pc today. Upgraded firmware on main phantom body and all installed ok. However now when I switch on the controller it beeps fast for a second along with a flashing red power light then the light goes out and and nothing. Cant connect it to pc (unknown device) and it wont see the phantom either. Is there a factory reset I can do or something? anyone had similar faults?

I think the new firmware does not require an upgrade to the transmitter firmware? Turning my transmitter on (without the drone being active) gives one beep and a continuous green light. Could it be your batteries ? I have not updated my drone yet but will be doing so tomorrow.

Good luck with getting this fixed.

Replace batteries in the Remote Control. :eek:
Fast red flashing is battery too low,
from the user manual. :?

garygid said:
Replace batteries in the Remote Control. :eek:
Fast red flashing is battery too low,
from the user manual. :?

Gary, as I recall, you were supposed to get your new P2V today. I was just curious to see if you had gotten it yet. Mine is due to be delivered the 24th.

Hmm, even though the batteries were charged 2 days ago, seems they were flat again. A quick 5 min charge and all is working. Apart from the compass calibration is there anything else I need to do before I fly again? There's lots of calibration stuff on the application but I've no idea what it all is.

I had a similar thing happen on my Phantom 1.1.1 when I upgraded to firmware 4.0.2. It turned out that my controller was set to the wrong setting after the upgrade. Try hooking your Phantom up to the Naza Assistant software and go to Basic and RC. There are three settings for your controller, which are Tradition, D-Bus and PPM. Vision may be different. However, you can test to see if your controller is working right by moving your joysticks, which should also move in your software. When you pick the right choice, your controller should work in software and when you fly. See if that helps.

Yes, it is starting to get exciting, thanks for inquiring.

The package arrived at the UPS distribution center late last night,
and this morning's tracking detail shows that it got scanned
at 7:07 this morning going into a truck for local delivery.

So, it should require a signature sometime this afternoon. :D
Difficult to say what the Christmas glut of deliveries will
do to the normal delivery schedual.

My first task will be to measure the battery data contact fit.

I will not fly if the contacts are just barely touching, but I will
charge the batteries and see if everything powers up OK,
and communicates the FPVideo to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
android device.

I will check for satellite locking, and perhaps dry-fly (without the
propellers), or tie it to the dog's leash and just do a liftoff. :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members