Controller signal weak Phantom 3 SE

hsp

Reaction score
Controller signal weak at Phantom 3 SE
I have bay it as a repair object with Gimbal live is one life.
Change ribbon cable and a broken arm and now looks ok al engine run and green light from gimbal motherboard diode.
But then start to connect RC and drone only weak signal in field for WI-fi and controller signal.
Screenshot_20191219-154101-01.jpeg

No.
I should open it and take a look but it was drone that flight in a tree and damage gimbal for erlier owner RC looking new outside.
I recognize from another P3 that camera has not the mowe then power button On eventually ribbon cable or mother board have same problems and that block to connect good signal and take of.

Should I take away ribbon cable at mother board and test?

I have take away 2.4 GHz antenna and put new outside Antenna P3 std and that solve problem with weak signal but I think it better Antenna at P3se both in RC and Drone because of longer Range original.

From looking at the picture you posted, next to the red banner that says controller signal weak, the remote controller icon shows no connection at all between the remote controller and your tablet. When I have seen this before, it has been one of two things.
#1. A bad USB board in the remote controller.
#2. A bad USB cable.
If you used a cheap aftermarket ribbon cable to repair the camera, that could be an issue. Also, make sure the cable from the OFDM is not damaged or not connected properly.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
NO Usb to phone wi-fi to RC
Screenshot_20191223-160854.png

from Phone says ok

Look good inside RC
RC web.jpg

no difference if cabel to ofdm if you mean indoor protection control smal box behind Gimbal.
Is connect or not.
Have even take away ribbon to gimbal no dif.

Still weak signal to RC no damage at Antenna inside Landing gear.

No visual damage at Ribbon cable

Potentiometer ok 4k ohm at both pin and 2k ohm if rotated 1/4 lap on mainboard for gimbal arm have not check nr2 inside camera arm.
Good video at you tube solve problems with to change Pot. if still camera wobbling around after new ribbon cable

Still confused of this drone.

More info from issue weak signal remote control.

-1 Haw check Gimbal PCB measure different point GND to GND OK and 12,0 v,3,3v at both place and 5,0 Al OK.
No visual damage at PCB temporary long distance red blink from diode .if you twist motor the beep be weaker.
-2 No result to link Drone to RC manual or in App.
-3Vision Positioning Sensor function OK. PCB OK and connection.
-4 Antenna in Landing gear looks OK, no damage and connection to Gimbal PCB OK.
-5 RC reset then battery was out for 2 minute and look as new inside al Antenna connections OK.

Looking forward to get problem solved from some with more experiences from fixed crashed Drone.
wi-fi 5.8 Ghz.jpg
Gimbal PCB Antenna Cable.jpg
landing gear.jpg
landing gear 2.jpg
dji phantom 3 se mothb..jpg

wi-fi 5.8 Ghz.jpg
landing gear.jpg
landing gear 2.jpg
wi-fi 5.8 Ghz.jpg
landing gear.jpg
landing gear 2.jpg

Last edited:
Change ribbon and now Green light ended with reed then no light from signal diode for camera that came in loop still weak signal at APP in phone
green light camera.jpg

Measure volt in 8 connection to gimbal at drone PCB
1-GND
2-GND
3-12v+
4-12v+
5-2.0v+ Wrong what function to that should probably be 3 or 5v?
6-3.1v+ wrong -------------------------
7-2-37+ wrong --------------------------
8-3.1v+ wrong ----------------------------
Could be measure opposite order
Other point At PCB correct at 12v and 3.3v and 17v from Battery
Then start up short movement from al motors
No overheat components then On at several minute and set finger tip at component or visual damage at some comp.Al capacitor ok

Could it be some voltage regulation component not correct At PCB

drone PCB.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31