Controller clip not deep enough/ iPad falling out

Reaction score
I just started droning a month ago, but I noticed the clips that hold the mobile device on the remote are not that deep. With the think apple silicon case it barely fits in there. Today I received a package from DJI which included the monitor hood. This goes behind the screen I'm guessing. Well the problem is now the iPad Mini 4 really doesn't stay in there and the holes don't line up for charging the mini.

Also I got one of the lanyard strap things from DJI, the grey one that goes around your shoulders. It fits really funny and makes me look like I'm wearing a braw. I think that one gotta go.

How are you guys fitting your mobile devices in the remote clip with the monitor hood?

I'm only using an iPhone 6+ with a sunshade, but the shade has little suction caps that hold the phone (minus any case) in place. Snug fit but works well. Maybe try removing the silicon case, as for the cable entry hole, if the hood was designed for your iPad and doesn't line up, a bit of creative engineering may be necessary.

I use an Ipad mini 4. I do not think I could fit the pad on the RC If I used a case. remove the case prior to flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl