Constant "Weak Transmission" or "No Transmission Signal"

Reaction score
I have owned my DJI phantom 3 pro for almost a year now. I use it almost every day for shooting farm and ranch real estate. The transmission signal has been so unstable it is extremely frustrating. Today I was shooting a development and I couldn't get more than one second of stable communication. I am so frustrated at this point I'm ready to sell my DJI and try A different brand of drone. Yes every single bit of my firmware is up-to-date. Yes I have tried recalibrating my IMU. Yes I re linked my remote to my drone. Yes I calibrated both my phone and my remote. I made sure all of the applications were closed on my phone. I even put my phone in airplane mode which usually helps but today did not help one bit. I have also bought new SD cards and cables and the antenna extender bunny ears. Nothing helps. Do ya'll think I need to change my antenna in my drone?

I have tried using the auto channel selection it is absolutely worse than choosing the channel myself. It seems there is absolutely nothing I can do to have communication in a consistent way with my drone.

Yes, try another cable. And remember, there is always a "blind spot" directly above you, move off to the side a bit. As far as brand-swapping goes, nothing I know of has the range of LightBridge, unless it's Occu-Sync. They are both DJI systems.

Reactions: pairofspades
One more thing, if you are flying in a wi-fi congested area (like a development), you may need to use the auto-channel so it can dodge the busy channels and find a clear one.

One more thing, if you are flying in a wi-fi congested area (like a development), you may need to use the auto-channel so it can dodge the busy channels and find a clear one.
I have never ever had good luck with auto. When I learned about custom channels I never looked back. This transmission signal issue has been here since day one

Don't put it in the driveway and back over it just yet.

I had this issue. For me it was the downlink Channel had been changed to manual (DJI GO update). I swapped it back to auto and all has been good since.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik