constant GPS loss & atti mode

Reaction score
I am able to locate 10-15 satellites after I calibrate compass and IMU. I am in GPS mode for about 30 seconds after takeoff, then I am in a constant loop of GPS/no GPS/atti mode for the entire flight which has me nervous. My second problem is when I make a preset current it makes my camera rotate left for the entire flight. I have stopped using presets at this point. thoughts? thank you.

I am able to locate 10-15 satellites after I calibrate compass and IMU. I am in GPS mode for about 30 seconds after takeoff, then I am in a constant loop of GPS/no GPS/atti mode for the entire flight which has me nervous.
First of all, a little more detail is in order. What aircraft? What Device? What firmware and app versions? Just to name a few. Then we can go from there.

Sorry. Rookie move.
Not really. Anyway, I have not heard of anyone around here who uses an Iphone X. It could be a simple compatibility issue, unless you have flown with this previously without issue. Then that is another story all together.

I am able to locate 10-15 satellites after I calibrate compass and IMU. I am in GPS mode for about 30 seconds after takeoff, then I am in a constant loop of GPS/no GPS/atti mode for the entire flight which has me nervous. My second problem is when I make a preset current it makes my camera rotate left for the entire flight. I have stopped using presets at this point. thoughts? thank you.
Unless you fly in a canyon, under cover or somewhere the drone's skyview is blocked, losing GPS while flying is not normal.
There are two possibilities.
If you launch from a steel or reinforced concrete surface it's possible to mess up the compass which causes compass error issues and forces the Phantom into atti mode (but the GPS is still receiving satellite signals).
You would probably know if this was happening.
If your Phantom loses all GPS signals (the sat count drops to zero), that is evidence of either a bad GPS receiver or a bad connection to the GPS receiver.

ps There should never be any need to recalibrate the IMU or compass.
But if you did, that should have no effect on GPS reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1