Connecting Spare Controller to P4A

• Thread starter Deleted member 99081
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 99081

P4A, iphone 6, latest Go 4 app.

I have been having some connection issues with my Phantom 4 advanced recently. It has started losing connection with the controller after about 500 - 800m. Previously, I have flown it in the same places with no loss of signal up to 3km. I've Googled this issue, and found that my Go 4 app won't let me alter the frequency of the signal (even after setting the region to USA).

I lost my first P4A in the Atlantic Ocean and still have the controller, which charged up fully after sitting idle for 18 months - despite some online reports that this will deaden the battery.

Can I use that with the new P4A, to see if that helps the signal, and if so, do I need to do anything to pair the new drone with the old controller?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Can I use that with the new P4A, to see if that helps the signal, and if so, do I need to do anything to pair the new drone with the old controller?
Yes .. go to the manual and do a word search for "link".
That will tell you how .. it only takes a minute to do.

Yes .. go to the manual and do a word search for "link".
That will tell you how .. it only takes a minute to do.

That's really helpful, thank you. I didn't have the manual to hand, which is why I asked here. But I got another online and found the linking section.

Reactions: Capt KO
Are you losing control, or video feed?

Thanks for asking, my delay is due to the time difference. I'm losing video feed, then I get a message saying 'aircraft disconnected'. I then get asked if I want to return to home immediately, which I always do with no problems.

I live on an Island, just off the coast of Kerry, Ireland. I find that if I fly north, towards the Atlantic Ocean (800m from my back door) I always lose connection within 500m. But, this current issue is with flying in directions that have previously allowed me to go 3km or more.

Have you tried using a windsurfer antenna reflector?
They are very good for maintaining signal over distances and cost peanuts.

Yes, I have one. I have seen some difference when using it, but not huge. But, the problem I had when I made the OP seemed more serious, as it was about regular disconnection within a few hundred metres from the home point.

Yes, I have one. I have seen some difference when using it, but not huge. But, the problem I had when I made the OP seemed more serious, as it was about regular disconnection within a few hundred metres from the home point.
Interference perhaps. After not flying my P4 for a year or so I bought a gl658c controller and paired to it. The first couple of flights (same area as always, my property /pasture) I was losing video signal and black and green flashes on the display. When I selected 'manual' mode and then selected a seemingly clean channel the video was perfect. Again that's flying in the same area that I've always flown.
Food for thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic