Confusion on Phantom 3 IOC modes

Reaction score
I just got to try my first drone with a Headless mode and it was awesome for this newbee. I am looking at buying the Phantom 3 Standard and it has something called Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC). The best description I have found for this describes 3 modes for IOC.

Course Lock and POI are the 2 of interest to me. Unfortunately, the documentation I have found so far says only Course Lock is available for P3 but others says all three modes are available.

Can someone give me a definitive answer?

Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
IOC allows users to lock the control orientation of the aircraft in different modes. There are three working
modes for IOC that can be selected in the DJI Pilot app. IOC only works when the aircraft is in F-mode,
therefore the user must toggle the flight mode switch to activate IOC. Refer to the table below:

Course Lock (CL)
The nose direction, at the time that CL is set, will remain the forward direction
regardless of how the orientation and position of the aircraft changes. This will
remain fixed until you reset it or exit CL mode.

Home Lock (HL)*
Record a Home Point (HP) and enter HL mode. The forward and backward
controls will move the aircraft farther from and closer to the established Home
Pont, regardless of how the orientation and position of the aircraft changes.

Point of Interest (POI)*
Point of Interest. Record a point of interest (POI). The aircraft can then circle
around the POI and the nose will always points toward the POI.

Yes, the P3S has CL, HL, and POI.

CL & HL:

POI:

Thank you msinger for the definitive answer. It is interesting that none of these is in any sale ads I saw.

Those flight modes are briefly mentioned in the following section of the P3S manual:

Manual.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik