Confused about renewing registration

Reaction score
I just realized my registration has expired. So I went on line renew it for $25. for three years. Is this correct ? My friend said it only cost him $5. Did I do something wrong ?

I just realized my registration has expired. So I went on line renew it for $25. for three years. Is this correct ? My friend said it only cost him $5. Did I do something wrong ?
As far as I know, everyone's registration was extended until some time in 2020.
Also, there are many scam sites that charge people extra for doing the $5 FAA registration.

Reactions: Harleydude and JoBe
So I went on line renew it for $25. for three years. Is this correct ?
This has been extended as far as I can recall. All you have to is log in to your account at this address: FAA DRONE ZONE
and re-register. It's free. And to answer your question, you apparently used another site.

Thank you Fly Dawg. Now I just have to get a refund from the FAA

Now I just have to get a refund from the FAA
And you'll need to find the proper party to request a refund since the FAA doesn't sell registrations for $25.

FYI I sent the money to the Federal Drone Registration Team I sent them a e-mail as soon as I found out I was still good until 2020
Lets see if they refund me or not I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW

Reactions: JoBe
FYI I sent the money to the Federal Drone Registration Team I sent them a e-mail as soon as I found out I was still good until 2020
Lets see if they refund me or not I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW
Good luck hope they refund you but I doubt it

I got a e-mail today that the Federal Drone Registration team is refunding me my $25. I should have it 72 hours. Maybe I got lucky and there are still some
good honest co. out there. I will let everyone know in 72 hours.

It’s not a scam. It’s a service. A scam would leave without your money or registration.

I do my own taxes too but paying HR Block is not a scam.

Reactions: Harleydude
It’s not a scam. It’s a service. A scam would leave without your money or registration.
I do my own taxes too but paying HR Block is not a scam.
But H&R Block don't set up their website so that most customers believe they are the IRS.
Intentional deception isn't an honest business model.

If you say so. Looks nothing like the FAA site in any way and is a .com vs .gov domain.

Ignorance can be costly in many facets of life.

The first site produced on a Google search states this:

Does FederalDroneRegistration.com work on behalf or are we affiliated with the FAA?

A. No. FederalDroneRegistration.com is an independent site that is in no way affiliated with the FAA or the US Government. We are not the FAA's contract drone registration site. FederalDroneRegistration.com was created to help simplify the FAA's drone registration process and break through the clutter of what is required to register. We work on behalf of our clients to quickly obtain a drone registration and provide you with a one stop shop for addressing questions you may have. We charge a premium for this service and are here to assist you as best as possible.

If you say so. Looks nothing like the FAA site in any way and is a .com vs .gov domain.

You'd only know this if you already knew of the difference.

They named their site... "Federal Drone Registration" and have this wording:

"Welcome to the official Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drone registration support site."

They throw in the the word, "support" as not to be sent a cease and desist letter from the FAA, as otherwise it would be _very_ clear their intent was to lie to people. So it is one word away from a lie.

To add to that... they are charging people an extra $20 for _nothing_. The person still completes the same information on both sites. This company does _nothing_ for the $20. THAT is the scam. They attempt to deceive people, "Welcome to the official Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drone registration support site." and charge people an extra $20 for nothing. That is a scam.

Ignorance can be costly in many facets of life.
As mentioned, the difference is the intent to deceive and not give anything of value.

We disagree.

Caveat Emptor.

It's hard to see what that service is.
Go to the FAA site, submit details, pay $5 and click Submit and you are registered.
Go to their site designed to catch unwary customers, submit details, pay $25 and click Submit and you are registered but $20 worse off with nothing to show for it.
At best, they are parasites.

Reactions: Grumpy D and JoBe
For anyone following this I did get my refund today. Thanks Justin
Reminds me of an old Emerson,Lake and Palmer song: Lucky Man........Good you got it back.

Reactions: dronesky
I am ashamed to say I fell for this “service” when I was a newbie a few years ago. I realized my mistake almost immediately and emailed them complaining that I was duped. After a little back and forth they agreed to refund my money. Who knew people try to cheat you on the internet??? LOL!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik