(Completed)GIG: South Carolina - Get my P3A running under DJI Go

Reaction score
I need a hands-on person who "knows their stuff." My P3 Advanced, which I had for a long time and flown very successfully, has suffered the forced upgrade of DJI Go 3.1.8 and therefore is messed up. Litchi still functions properly. Need a knowledgeable person here in SC to get things right again. NOT sending back to China or to some yahoo to guess/experiment solutions. By the way, Hardware in perfect shape and have the new HDMI module installed and successful for some time.

Could you be a bit more specific as to what the issue actually is? Other than the GO update, if indeed Litchi functions properly? That would indicate a non-hardware problem if that is indeed the case. Also, what version of Firmware are you using on RC and AC?

Could you be a bit more specific as to what the issue actually is? Other than the GO update, if indeed Litchi functions properly? That would indicate a non-hardware problem if that is indeed the case. Also, what version of Firmware are you using on RC and AC?

Unfortunately, since DJI Go will not stay connected to the aircraft for more than the initial 5 seconds, I cannot see to confirm what the RC or aircraft firmware is version-wise. Litchi works but I do not know if it tells me this information (I don't think so). So DJI GO -wise, I have a paperweight instead of a Drone. Litchi flies okay as far as I can tell; I am a Litchi beginner only.

There are no hardware problems at all. It's all having something to do with cooperation of DJI Go app and firmware, no doubt.
What has happened is that the DJI Go App "forced" an upgrade from my version 2.1.0 version to the current 3.1.8 for Android devices. MANY P3Advanced owners have experienced this problem. The drone and features worked PERFECTLY before the forced update of DJI Go.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and have never had any issues over the past year and a half, with the unrelated exception of the rather common failure of where the RC connects to the tablet (that was successfully replaced with the newer HDMI module quite some time ago).

Not sure if this might be the issue, but after the GO update, did you log in to DJI? I am also running Android and the latest GO version is 3.1.7 which is what I have installed and what is shown in the Play store. Not sure where the 3.1.8 is coming from. But anyway, back to what I was saying. If you start DJI GO while NOT connected to the AC or RC, but you are connected to the internet, you should get a log in splash screen. If you do not log in once, you will have distance limits set. This may or may not be part of your issue, and you may have already done that, you didn't specify, but it's something to try that's easy.

Not sure if this might be the issue, but after the GO update, did you log in to DJI? ...

Well, Sir, What do I owe you? Is PayPal acceptable? THANK YOU!

As advised, I logged in (no clue ? why that was needed) as instructed and everything seems to work. You are a miracle worker. I used my normal sequence of RC on, A/C on, plug in cable to tablet (window pops up), choose DJI Go "one time only," Model P3A shows correctly, "Enter Camera View." I repeated this twice from the beginning and it appears consistent. Litchi still works, too, after force closing DJIGo. All good it seems.

To answer your previous question now, here is what I have:
DJI GO App 2.4.2 (see note below*);
RC 1.3.20+ (shows a plus sign);
FW 1.4.10

*Note that I had earlier completely uninstalled DJI GO 3.1.6(?) in my frustration and replaced it with the 2.4.2 apk I happened to have on a memory card. When that now opens, it does say "Update Required" on that first black startup screen (but I learned LONG AGO that the Chinese have the two words, "required" and "recommended" very confused.

Anyway, things appear to be okay now because of your help, my friend. You are my hero.
Still gonna learn the ins and outs of Litchi.

Last edited:
Excellent. Happy that was an easy fix for you. It pays dividends to do a lot of lurking around in the forums. You can find almost any answer you need. Personally, I only use go ( On a separate device) for maintenance and settings that aren't available with Litchi, and pretty much fly exclusively with Litchi. And by the way, hold on to that old firmware. If it flies, don't mess with it! Happy Flying!

Reactions: Phil Tuggle

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31