Complete noob with P4

Really nice bag and a good deal. I got one slightly more expensive... Only because it's hard shell. Thought it may come in handy to stop people bumping into it damaging the phantom if I'm in a packed Area
fc0f682552d613086660780e726bba3b.jpg
7704fcc3e145310a790658344ef1dca7.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Link to this one ?

Hi Tony and a further welcome to drone world. I'm up in Alfreton, not to far from you. You have some great spots down there for practicing especially around the river and canal. Have a think too about a 3rd party app such as Litchi, this has helped me a great deal with projects. I started with the p3a last October and moved up to the p4 a few months ago. Keep an eye out for the few other guys in the forum that are from around here too. If you're looking to get your certificate for PFAW I'd get a shuffle on, this current good weather isn't going to last. Have fun with your new hobby.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So let me put my own 2-pennorth in . . . I'm from t' Bowser area(look at my "name" on here for a closer clue to where I live). Come through a "Parrot AR" drone and the fc40.

Now got a Phantom 4. It's brilliant!! - in spite of me making problems for it by damaging my tablet.

Still only looking at the Litchi as I don't want to invalidate any warranty until I'm 100% sure of using every aspect of the dji Go app - and there seems to be loads of good points there.

On the P4, which I've owned for some five days now (!), directly above the camera is a flat circular face at the bottom of a vertical rotating component of the gimbal. This appears to have a piece of self-adhesive protective film applied to it, with a little pull-off tag protruding from the edge. Nowhere, however, can I find any reference to it, so I am unsure whether to remove it or leave it on. I can't actually see any obvious reason why it is there in the first place. Any guidance please anyone, whether or not to remove it? Thanks, Tony.

Addendum: I've just spotted a couple of photos which show the thing I'm trying to describe - complete with the little orange 'pull-off' tab I mentioned. The photos are from an eBay listing. Any thoughts, anyone?
I removed mine as well with no issues. I had a long look at this and couldn't see why it was there in the first place! My guess is that it had some function in transit.

Thanks jskdog for the info.
I had realised it took something like that to become commercially licensed, but wasn't aware of the high cost. I'll look at the potential market before coming to a decision. I think insurance is a good thing to have anyway if the premium is not too prohibitive. Presumably it's cheaper for PFAW holders. That would be well into the future anyway as I am far from proficient at the mo.
Tony.
There is an alternative to the 4 day course and subsequent £1200 price tag. A UK NQE (3iC) offers an Online course at £1000. On the Insurance issue, the BFMA Insurance will not cover you for any commercial work so do be careful. :)

I have one as well - excellent bag but the outer plastic case is covered with a film which get easily torn. Its a bit unsightly and would have been better off not being applied.
To be honest I tore the film off. Didn't want to as it would be extra rain protection in a way but it had a bubble which was peeling so I just tore it all off eventually lol

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a backpack hard shell like that, mine doesn't have a coating or plastic on it? It is an excellent case by the way!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl