P4 Battery Life myth (24 mins with xtra time, 45mph, no hovers here but the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your math is hypothetical mambo-jumbo. It means nothing in the real world. If you are so confident in the legitimacy of your math fly the aircraft at 200' until a minute is left. You'll have plenty of time to safely land. At least so long as your interpolated math holds up...

Any sane person can recognize the difference staring at them. You haven't disproved my math, so you've already ceded the point. I won't be toasting my batteries for an Internet challenge, they're being broken in nice and easy for longevity's sake.

Your math is hypothetical mambo-jumbo. It means nothing in the real world. If you are so confident in the legitimacy of your math fly the aircraft at 200' until a minute is left. You'll have plenty of time to safely land. At least so long as your interpolated math holds up...

Wow... What a thread...

Only thing I'll toss in is that while yes, the "battery percentage" is almost certainly adaptively "adjusted" to account for the non-linear discharge rate, it's still unlikely that flight time from 100% to 90% is the same as flight time from 20% to 10%.

At least, that's certainty the way it was in the P2 and P3, and until proven otherwise, also probably the way it is in the P4.

Im waiting for more hard data myself, but I gotta say, you cannot apply a simple linear projection to extrapolate battery life at the lower end.

I've conceded your math is accurate because you're unwilling to put your Phantom where your math is?

Alrighty then... :rolleyes:

Any sane person can recognize the difference staring at them. You haven't disproved my math, so you've already ceded the point. I won't be toasting my batteries for an Internet challenge, they're being broken in nice and easy for longevity's sake.

I believe the root of the problem can be found in your second statement below. You're stoned so in your mind your explanations & "proof" make perfect sense. But people who aren't stoned are sitting here scratching their heads thinking, "WTF is this guy going on about?"

It isn't "proof" to show a static screen shot of your overall flight stats, or to attempt to extrapolate non-linear battery discharge rates using a simple static formula. Writing a novel the length of "War & Peace" won't convince us of the validity of your testing or methodology.

And what was up with the chapter on "There Are No Facts in Science"?

I'm all for a little buzz now & then but what exactly are you high on?

When I posted my initial results, I was as sober as sober could be. I was with my in laws and whole family away from home when I posted my initial results.

I know it's not as scientific as your "controlled study" but I would bet I could out-smart you stoned, with temporary brain damage, after slipping on ice and smoking methamphetamines and objecting opium directly into my rectum, again.

I would bet I'm still not a complete dolt after all of that.

I believe the root of the problem can be found in your second statement below. You're stoned so in your mind your explanations & "proof" make perfect sense. But people who aren't stoned are sitting here scratching their heads thinking, "WTF is this guy going on about?"

It isn't "proof" to show a static screen shot of your overall flight stats, or to attempt to extrapolate non-linear battery discharge rates using a simple static formula. Writing a novel the length of "War & Peace" won't convince us of the validity of your testing or methodology.

And what was up with the chapter on "There Are No Facts in Science"?

I'm all for a little buzz now & then but what exactly are you high on?
I'm sorry that a 4 paragraphs post to you is the reading equivalent of one of the largest pieces of fiction in the universe.

Maybe you should to back to reading Dr. Seuss. He is known for his ryhtmic catchy sentences that are short and colorful.

Perfect for a guy like you.

Am I high because of the "what is the deal with no facts in science".

So I am not wrong with what I am dealing with here. It doesn't take a genius to fact check that. Yea, in the scientific community facts can only be proven, not disproven, making the scientific theory that the sun will come up tomorrow a theory based on past facts, you cannot theorize a fact in science. This is not deep in the world of science either. Most people know this and anyone with scientific knowledge enough to do a "controlled study" should know.

Off of a quick Google search. Googled and randomly picked this.

Don't Leave Your Brain at the Door: Is There Such A Thing As A Scientific Fact?

Last edited:
When I posted my initial results, I was as sober as sober could be. I was with my in laws and whole family away from home when I posted my initial results.

I know it's not as scientific as your "controlled study" but I would bet I could out-smart you stoned, with temporary brain damage, after slipping on ice and smoking methamphetamines and objecting opium directly into my rectum, again.

I would bet I'm still not a complete dolt after all of that.

Can we keep the discussing to data, math, and our opinions of the interpretation of each?

I do belive the mighty ban-hammer is neigh, and I think it would behove all to keep the discussion away from personal attacks.

I see nothing here but a perfectly normal debate between people who are passionate about the subject.
Let's let humans be humans....haha
Carry on

I am relieved your response wasn't the length of Tolken's Lord of the Rings trilogy. OTOH you should see a doctor about those unusual proclivities.

"Again"? o_O

Bet I could out-smart you stoned, with temporary brain damage, after slipping on ice and smoking methamphetamines and objecting opium directly into my rectum, again.

Ok, I've already found out that you think anything above objective fact like "that is yellow" is a fact but in science, when conducting experiments EVERYTHING is theory and not fact as scientific method only allows us to guess (or theorize) based on what happened.

For the final time, I got to X in Y amount of time, so I extrapolated Y over the percentage left of the battery and me running my P4 for you to 200 feet away to 5 percent or whatever you said is about as likely as me thinking you have a measurable IQ.

What's worse than being so rude about nothing more than me trying to post my findings is your just a sarcastic, mean person. Why don't you try being nice and see how that works out for you.

Wonder what Seuss would do if he had great stuff like this to work with?

Slipping on ice.
Smoking methamphetamines.
Injecting opium directly into his rectum
Again...

Would this be a parable or perhaps a Haiku? :cool:

Maybe you should to back to reading Dr. Seuss. He is known for his ryhtmic catchy sentences that are short and colorful.

I see you both really took my "let's discuss data not mud slinging" seriously...

*face palms*

Unsub from thread.

Abandon_3f4bd1_2425863.gif

2044-1194523326.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member