Compass problems

Thanks for your input. Going to park today for my clean re calibration.
Some of us are waiting to see how it went at the park...so please let us know......Oh even parks can have old buried metal water pipes to rest rooms and water fountains !

Reactions: Jim Canada
Will have to manually search for those threads as time permits.
No worries. If you do manage to dig something like that up, you'll likely be a little famous around here. Many have claimed such a thing can occur, but nobody has ever proved it has actually happened.

56F067F7-801C-430F-805F-8993A81731F7.png
8BB577B0-A14C-4EA4-AE99-DBC4EAC90030.jpeg
70EABBE9-72CA-4789-8B4E-B58D984D5D94.jpeg
70EABBE9-72CA-4789-8B4E-B58D984D5D94.jpeg
Ok. I went to park and tried several locations but it wouldn’t calibrate. I didn’t think of this but could it be my glasses. I read the thread on calibration. Im going to football field and try again. Where can I find the mod #

No worries. If you do manage to dig something like that up, you'll likely be a little famous around here. Many have claimed such a thing can occur, but nobody has ever proved it has actually happened.

Yeah, I'll search more as time becomes available. Again, any such reports would be purely anecdotal, and you would have to draw a conclusion from the evidence. To my knowledge, I've never read where anyone has actually documented a correlation with respect to Phantoms. If someone got that from my posting, my apologies, as that isn't what I intended to say.

Ok. I went to park and tried several locations but it wouldn’t calibrate. I didn’t think of this but could it be my glasses. I read the thread on calibration. Im going to football field and try again.

This is really odd. OK, just for the heck of it, you haven't stored your Phantom in your vehicle near any large speakers, or magnetic sources lately, have you?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I've seen where to properly calibrate without no interference .....You should remove any keys in your pocket and the buck knives off your belt..and cell phones.. metal belt buckles !.....I'm kinda thinking it might need sent back to Dji for a good check out of the compass unit... ! that park area looks clean and No sewage or water pipes to that porta potty for sure !

I store my drone in my spare bedroom in the I have a computer with speakers in the same room. I hope this can be fixed. The drone I got for x mas. Is it still under warranty?

Sounds like a systems issue with the aircraft.
Jewelry, keys, glasses, belt buckles are mostly non-ferrous and not of concern.
After trying in multiple locations and ambient conditions this should become clear.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Sounds like a systems issue with the aircraft.
Jewelry, keys, glasses, belt buckles are mostly non-ferrous and not of concern.
After trying in multiple locations and ambient conditions this should become clear.

I’m going to try a couple more places just to make sure. Thanks

After 2 maybe, after 3 you have other issues.

Yesssssssssssss after three...and still no success "Contact Dji" and send it in........all this time has ate in to days of your warranty period and you have not enjoyed your "CHRISTmas present at all !

I have to agree. One area, OK. Two areas, highly unusual. Three areas, start looking at the bird. Hey, wait a minute, you're not one of those people who can stick silverware to your forehead, are you?

Right. am I the man of steel? Lol. No I’m going to try at football field on the 50 yard line wearing only my skivvies. .

Right. am I the man of steel? Lol. No I’m going to try at football field on the 50 yard line wearing only my skivvies. .
You asked IF your drone that you got for CHRISTmas was still under warranty........YES..... at the time you activated it..then it started your year warranty !
Are you going to try One more area?........And if it fails then.....contact Dji and get a RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) Good Luck with it all Den Mac !

You asked IF your drone that you got for CHRISTmas was still under warranty........YES..... at the time you activated it..then it started your year warranty !
Are you going to try One more area?........And if it fails then.....contact Dji and get a RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) Good Luck with it all Den Mac !

Yes I’m going out this weekend to try a couple areas. If that doesn’t work I will contact DJI. Thanks for all your support motorcycle man.

Safe flying and blue sky’s

*DenMac*........I wish you a very successful flight and i was just thinking...."maybe you have a lots of IRON in your blood" (LOL)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94