Compass Error In Hawaii

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was in Hawaii a few weeks ago for vacation and each time I flew my Phantom a compass error occasionally appeared every once in a while. My ability to handle the drone in the air was not effected by the error, but I still question why it occurred only in Hawaii. I would appreciate it if any of you would let me know the reason for this error.
IMG_1095.jpg

Last edited:
but I still question why it occurred only in Hawaii. I would appreciate it if any of you would let me know the reason for this error.
Usually this error occurs at the launch point. If you launched any where near any metallic objects, and this includes underground re-bar etc....this can happen. You apparently were lucky that it wasn't serious enough. If you take a look at your flight logs as well, that would give a better answer. If you are not familiar with those just ask and we can assist you with that.

Usually this error occurs at the launch point. If you launched any where near any metallic objects, and this includes underground re-bar etc....this can happen. You apparently were lucky that it wasn't serious enough. If you take a look at your flight logs as well, that would give a better answer. If you are not familiar with those just ask and we can assist you with that.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik