Compass error. Calibration does not help.

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Last week I transported my drone in the trunk with a working subwoofer. Then, when the drone is turned on, the compass error appears. The calibration does not help. What to do? To change compasses? Or are there other ways?

If that’s the case, cji needs to change the screws. When you pay almost $2000 for a drone, then up
To make there products safer and reliable

Hello everybody. Last week I transported my drone in the trunk with a working subwoofer. Then, when the drone is turned on, the compass error appears. The calibration does not help. What to do? To change compasses? Or are there other ways?
The first thing to check is the compass data in the Sensors section of the app.
A compass error that won't go away can be caused by a disconnected compass.

Reactions: Surferchicusa

Someone else posted a nearly identical problem recently. Apparently they solved their compass problem with a degausing tool called a CFixer they bought from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/CFIXER-DEGAUSSING-TOOL-DJI-DRONE/dp/B077CS9NJ3

Last edited:
Reactions: Surferchicusa
The first thing to check is the compass data in the Sensors section of the app.
A compass error that won't go away can be caused by a disconnected compass.

Both compasses are connected. readings in the red zone

You might have been in an area with high magnetic interference. I douwt that you subwoofer would cause the problem.

Go to an area with no magnetic interference and try calibrating your compass.

You might have been in an area with high magnetic interference. I douwt that you subwoofer would cause the problem.

That's definitely a possibility, and worth trying, but I would not discount the effect of the magnetic field from a large driver if the aircraft were in close proximity.

Def sounds like the drone was magnetized by the subwoofer...... since it acts like a giant electromagnet. Invest in a good Pelican case or something similar to protect your investment.

I decided to buy this device. I already ordered it. I will get this Cfixer - I will write a review. Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: Wayne1949
Reactions: xspwhite

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl