Compass disconnect issue

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I bought a damaged P4 that needed a camera answer new legs. I had a good camera and legs were easy to get with new wires compass etc. Put it all together and it works ok except with the camera on one of the compasses goes to disconnect after a few seconds. If it take the camera off it doesn't happen.
Ideas??

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

The new legs with the compasses in them was bad. they came from DJI defective. I bought a new set and the problem went away.

Have a frequent message that says one of compasses are disconnected. Go to new area and then it's ok again. What did you find to be the problem. I really hate to have to send mine in. Only 2 months old and no incidents or crashes.
In my case it was the legs with the compasses in them. I replaced the legs. Because yours is pretty new I would check with DJI. I sent one there about 6 months ago and they fixed it and returned it in a week. Have you done a compass calibration?

Have done many calibrations in past. When it says compass disconnect, I wonder if it is loose wiring? Not sure. I'm new and never had any type of hard landing etc. I'm noticing that more and more places I go to that I am experiencing this problem. Do you know if strong interference will cause the compass to say disconnect or just compass error.

Yes I believe strong interference can cause problem. Make sure you calibrate in an open area with no metal buildings or concrete near you.

Reactions: rlphoto69

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl