compass calibration

Reaction score
just wondering about compass calibration on my p4a,, When I start my phamtom and I check dji go 4 system status in has never said to calibrate the compass. I use dji go for all of my flights, a couple of time I have check out airmap it has said to compass calibration is needed, which do I believe? and is compass calibration always needed before flight. When I have flown with dji go there has been no problems

just wondering about compass calibration on my p4a,, When I start my phamtom and I check dji go 4 system status in has never said to calibrate the compass. I use dji go for all of my flights, a couple of time I have check out airmap it has said to compass calibration is needed, which do I believe? and is compass calibration always needed before flight. When I have flown with dji go there has been no problems
Compass calibration only identifies and measures the magnetic fields that are part of the Phantom itself so that they can be ignored.
If your Phantom and its magnetic fields don't change, there's no need to do that again.
I still haven't calibrated anything on my main Phantom since it was new 2.5 yrs ago and it runs perfectly after nearly 1000 flights.

This may just be the place to ask this question. My P4P always does a slow yaw to the left when airborne. I suppose it would continue to rotate without some intervention, maybe even to 360 degrees. Most noticeable in hover or long straight runs. Could this be a compass problem, even though the system never reports needing calibration?

This may just be the place to ask this question. My P4P always does a slow yaw to the left when airborne. I suppose it would continue to rotate without some intervention, maybe even to 360 degrees. Most noticeable in hover or long straight runs. Could this be a compass problem, even though the system never reports needing calibration?
Try these things:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1