COMPASS AND SPEED ERRORS

Reaction score
The other day flying, clear sky, voice alert several times saying Atti mode during one flight only. I looked at log and noticed speed errors and compass errors, all other flights in exact same place were normal........ any ideas? P4P+

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-03_[15-26-44].txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
The other day flying, clear sky, voice alert several times saying Atti mode during one flight only. I looked at log and noticed speed errors and compass errors, all other flights in exact same place were normal
It would really be much easier if you would upload your flight(s) so that others can see the data. Here is your converted flight log. Link there, not to a direct .txt file. It takes others time to upload. There is no ATTI mode in this flight and the errors are short lived. Probably nothing to get overly concerned about. If they persist, then that is a different issue.

Your Flight Log

It would really be much easier if you would upload your flight(s) so that others can see the data. Here is your converted flight log. Link there, not to a direct .txt file. It takes others time to upload. There is no ATTI mode in this flight and the errors are short lived. Probably nothing to get overly concerned about. If they persist, then that is a different issue.

Your Flight Log
I have never had to post a log before... not sure how to.... I know how to view the log but not how to post a converted log... sorry. I noticed when I viewed the log there was no ATTI mode shown but at least 3 times the voice alert notified me it had switched.

when I viewed the log there was no ATTI mode shown but at least 3 times the voice alert notified me it had switched.
This may have been a different flight than the one you posted. Usually if these occur very sporadically, and do not persist there is no reason to worry about it. However, it is possible ( Not so much likely in a residential area) that there is re-bar or mettalic objects within the concrete or nearby the aircraft. The compass has issues with that. If you always look at the orientation of the aircraft on the app vs the actual direction that the aircraft is facing before takeoff, that usually will tell you that you have an issue or not.

The other day flying, clear sky, voice alert several times saying Atti mode during one flight only. I looked at log and noticed speed errors and compass errors, all other flights in exact same place were normal........ any ideas? P4P+
Here's what your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I see two times where you got the Speed Error and two times you got the compass error messages
The speed error indicates that the speed shown does not match what all of the sensor input it telling the flight controller.
In this flight, both times it was only for 0.2 seconds at 7:54 and 8:53.
The speeds shown before and after the error aren't much different from the error speed so this is not serious.

The cause of the two brief compass errors at 8:40 and 9:08 are a mystery.
Both were brief and they went away quickly.
I thought that perhaps they might have been caused by rapid rotation of the drone but the first time it was hovering in place and the second time it was rotating at a gentle speed.
I'm not sure what caused it but I'd only be concerned if you see this often.
The Phantom gave you the atti warning but there is usually a delay before the Phantom really goes to atti mode.
In this flight, it never went to atti mode.

Where did you take off from, this is a big contributor to a drone going into Atti Mode. ?

Where did you take off from, this is a big contributor to a drone going into Atti Mode. ?
Grass, flew 6 times from exact same spot with no issues during 5 of them. I see people posting flight logs but I don't know how to save them to post. I use dji to view logs, but don't see a way to save them. Also I see people posting graphs, but I am clueless as to location and how to view/save. Flown my P3 for years without out a single issue so never had to look before. Thanks for the answers!

I see people posting flight logs but I don't know how to save them to post.
If you follow the link below, the instructions are there to get the file you need. The logs are saved to your device automatically as a .txt file. Basically in your case is like this:

Capture2.PNG

Phantom Help

If you follow the link below, the instructions are there to get the file you need. The logs are saved to your device automatically as a .txt file. Basically in your case is like this:

View attachment 105154

Phantom Help
My misunderstanding... I know how to get the logs... I didn't notice that when I clicked on your link "Your Flight Log" (so the file was readable/viewable) it actually took me to the dji site. I incorrectly assumed it was downloaded in the viewable version. Sorry for my misunderstanding

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl