Coloring my Phantom3 s

Reaction score
Hi guys, and I'm sure there's a gal in here somewhere. I've seen posts here and there about people dying their drones. I went out and bought some rit dye and tested it on some old propellers I have. Got good color results, but...... there's no way to get the design on my phantom that I want with the dye. Soooooo I had a good idea (or so I thought it was) about using colored sharpie markers. Weeelllllll, the propellers turned out pretty good, no balance issues and flys just a well as it did before I got my "good" idea. Well I kept on going, started coloring the top shell of my drone. It looks pretty good with only one problem. Even after the ink is dry (after a few hours I waited) the ink tends to smear. Not right away, but as I was holding it, coloring in some other areas, my fingers were turning blue.well now to the point of my post. What can I use to seal the coloring? A spray on clear coat? Or am I going to have to look for a way to clean off all the ink?
e7dce7ed848a71bab90b7adfe41faad4.jpg
463e8792124c28166ebac9e269e2c1c8.jpg
c13f097ab1821a3f5caa8dba04f44bd5.jpg

Ahahaha, I thought you seriously did this for real. Is this photoshopped?

That looks good. I think some clear coat would help .. the goal is a protective covering between paint (sharpie in this case) and air/fingers.

Reactions: jimbo3n8
Wow! I can definitely tell that you have skill with the sharpie, that must have took some time, I think it looks cool.

Hi guys, and I'm sure there's a gal in here somewhere. I've seen posts here and there about people dying their drones. I went out and bought some rit dye and tested it on some old propellers I have. Got good color results, but...... there's no way to get the design on my phantom that I want with the dye. Soooooo I had a good idea (or so I thought it was) about using colored sharpie markers. Weeelllllll, the propellers turned out pretty good, no balance issues and flys just a well as it did before I got my "good" idea. Well I kept on going, started coloring the top shell of my drone. It looks pretty good with only one problem. Even after the ink is dry (after a few hours I waited) the ink tends to smear. Not right away, but as I was holding it, coloring in some other areas, my fingers were turning blue.well now to the point of my post. What can I use to seal the coloring? A spray on clear coat? Or am I going to have to look for a way to clean off all the ink?
e7dce7ed848a71bab90b7adfe41faad4.jpg
463e8792124c28166ebac9e269e2c1c8.jpg
c13f097ab1821a3f5caa8dba04f44bd5.jpg
With all the red white and blue, why the one green star above the battery?
Side question. Was your fidget spinner white when it was new? ;)

On a unrelated side note, Those little fidget devices are becoming very popular, I saw a road side stand selling only them a few days ago.

With all the red white and blue, why the one green star above the battery?
Side question. Was your fidget spinner white when it was new? ;)

Lmao Jobe, the green star is one of the stickers I used to make the white stars. That's the unfinished version. And as for the fidget spinner, it was already red white and blue. That's technically where I got the idea from

Reactions: JoBe
This one is clear gloss and made for plastic. $8.68 on Amazon. Start with really light coats so it doesn't cause the colors to run.
71aKHBMzsNL._SY679_.jpg

Reactions: jimbo3n8

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl