Colorado State Parks

Heyy, can you tell me where I can fly without getting in trouble near Boulder /Denver?
There's lots of controlled airspace around there, so your best bet would be one of the flying fields at Cherry Creek or Chatfield State Parks. They may have implemented a requirement for membership in the AMA, but they should allow you as a guest a few times. Download B4UFLY app to check federal airspace, and contact local authorities if you're unsure about flying in a park or other open space.

Hey guys, I'm always looking to fly in beautiful places around Colorado without breaking the law.. I'm specially looking for hidden gems or locations locals may know about. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also started a fb group for drone pilots looking to gather socially. It's a small group but very active. Feel free to join! 需要安全验证

Be careful, despite what the ranger said, you are flying just outside of the inner ring of Denver International class B airspace and within the class D airspace of Centennial

Be careful, despite what the ranger said, you are flying just outside of the inner ring of Denver International class B airspace and within the class D airspace of Centennial
1490148850148.png

1490148947240.png

Do you realize that the OP was in July 2015 and that the person you are warning did not even say what part of the state he was interested in flying?

o_O I get it. Thanks for keeping us on our toes anyway.

Yes. My understanding is that drones are currently prohibited from all U.S. National Parks and any lands they administer, but are allowed in the National Forests (upper-case intentional) and state forests and parks. However, here in Georgia, Stone Mountain state park specifically prohibits them, but Piedmont Park (Atlanta's version of Central Park) welcomes them with open arms! It's worth asking if you're unsure.

I was just up at Maroon Bells, in the White River National Forest. They had a sign saying no drones, however I believe that this is not a legal restriction. Keep in mind that this is a National Forest, not a National park. From fs.fed.us "The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)(link is external) has regulatory authority over all airspace, including recreational use of airspace by model aircraft (See FAA Advisory Circular 91-57) (link is external). The U.S. Forest Service does not have the authority to establish any additional regulations regarding where UAS can or can’t be flown. "

This is for hobby for recreational use of UAS on National Forest.

Thoughts?

I was just up at Maroon Bells, in the White River National Forest. They had a sign saying no drones, however I believe that this is not a legal restriction. Keep in mind that this is a National Forest, not a National park. From fs.fed.us "The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)(link is external) has regulatory authority over all airspace, including recreational use of airspace by model aircraft (See FAA Advisory Circular 91-57) (link is external). The U.S. Forest Service does not have the authority to establish any additional regulations regarding where UAS can or can’t be flown. "

This is for hobby for recreational use of UAS on National Forest.

Thoughts?

The US Forest Service instructs pilots to avoid flying over Congressionally designated wilderness areas Tips for Responsible Hobby or Recreational Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) or "Drones" on National Forest Systems Lands | US Forest Service. Maroon Bells was one of the first congressionally designated wilderness areas. Flying there may not be restricted by law but I do think we should follow the guidance issued by the forest service in order to respect other visitors and the wild inhabitants of the area. Just my 2 cents.

Good info, thanks. I also agree on respecting posted signs. I am just curious as to the actual legality of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic