Colorado Springs

Was going to swing by pulpit rock park yesterday morn but the spouse had other plans for me... went down to pueblo west instead and actually got some good flying in. Got out about 2500' ish ft ... longest for me with the ps3.

After 2morro wont be doing any flying for about a week or so (surgery on tuesday .. bummer ) BUT I did order the dbs mod so I plan on getting that installed so when I'm back at it I can test it out.

By then it will be mid-Feb and even CLOSER to Colorado 'blizzard' weather season... blah

Ill keep an eye on here after I recoup and we should get a group together for some flying. Anybody wonder though about potential interference with multiple drones? Several weeks ago I flew with a fella at Cotton wood and we had no issues (both ps3) .. who knows!

Was going to swing by pulpit rock park yesterday morn but the spouse had other plans for me... went down to pueblo west instead and actually got some good flying in. Got out about 2500' ish ft ... longest for me with the ps3.

After 2morro wont be doing any flying for about a week or so (surgery on tuesday .. bummer ) BUT I did order the dbs mod so I plan on getting that installed so when I'm back at it I can test it out.

By then it will be mid-Feb and even CLOSER to Colorado 'blizzard' weather season... blah

Ill keep an eye on here after I recoup and we should get a group together for some flying. Anybody wonder though about potential interference with multiple drones? Several weeks ago I flew with a fella at Cotton wood and we had no issues (both ps3) .. who knows!

Good luck with surgery, let us know when u get ur wings back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my way to pulpit rock w the spouse. Going to try yhe parking lit south of the harley dealership (lot 480??) New batt is charged, will see how well the DBS mod does there

Last edited:
In my way to pulpit rock w the spouse. Going to try yhe parking lit south of the harley dealership (lot 480??) New batt is charged, will see how well the DBS mod does there

Did u fly it?

Took these today :)
3dd064e369a184745cff247106f92c05.jpg
3eebfee271bafed9857f8931ba59245c.jpg
6dad66762a539cc6bd4e363e2ec4eb0c.jpg

Awesome !

@L3thalB3ard

Beautiful. I did make it out to Pulpit. It was a good flight with minimal folks lingering around. I didn't go to far, made it out to around 5500'ish. Wasn't too bad on a weekend! This morning I will beheading out to Powers Rd/ Hwy 83, there is a turn off that I have been going to that offers a good 1.5-2 mile 'gut check' for my DBS mod. I have a new parts drone that I want to 'wring' out also to check for bugs. As I recover after surgery I am finding it more tolerable to get out and fly!Supposed to be great winds/weather here until Friday.

Reactions: ArJay
Sounds like a good spot.. I'd like to check that out! What do you have that DBS mod on? A standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir its a standard. Without the mod my other bird is getting about 6000'ish feet but its a wide open area that you can fly to the south, or NE and get some decent range, the state police like to park there and watch!

Decent spot besides the traffic noise a couple yards away.

Flew at 83/pwrs spot and got out to 6446'. Want to go farther but the tree line really screws with you. Tried flying on 2.8.1 but its still forcing the update even after rooting the device. Bummer.

New dji version RTH works well though as I had to use it twice. Video seems more laggy ro me though, too much of a pain rooting and doing it again and again.

The south end of the flying area beyond the gully has construction and there is a definite bad spot coming from somewhere there. Besides that the cows in the pasture didnt mind. Flew max at 350 ft, have to play around w/height I think to get better video.

6646 isn't bad! I got a spot out in divide you would love.. that's where I did my long range tests

Oh yea, where abouts? I would love to get out and really see what this puppy can do! That would be great. Part of the fun is figuring out how I can stretch more range out of the areas I fly.

It's in a neighborhood with a series of lakes.. I'll post a video from there.. I got about 7,500 there if I remember correctly.. I think I have the coordinates somewhere

Where is gold camp road lol!! I flew from Stratton Open Space

Wow, I didn't realize there was an open space there, cool.

The spot I like is due west of there, past the two ponds, but up on the hillside so it overlooks the entrance to North Cheyenne Canyon, the Broadmoor, etc. I like having really good line of sight up on the hillside, but that spot may not appeal to everyone.

If you still want to check it out, see if searching Google Maps for this code works: 85CQQ4VF+R6 (the code only works with Google Maps).

Cool I plan to fly that Monday or Tuesday morning.. weather permitting

will take a look at that spot also. I'm planning on heading to Pueblo West this Sat, looking forward to getting a nice flight at the reservoir. Tomorrow going to either Mt Herman or again to my spot on HWY 83. Still learning the DBS, it requires pretty precise direction control... touchy

Went to gold camp road and flew at the overlook. Did awfull... DBS mod only got me approx 3400' untill video went to crap.

Surprised cuz it was line of sight for miles! Ill upload location this afternoon...

Oh well hope something didnt get knocked loose. Will go to my spot at hwy 83 and check it again. Update to come..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj