Colorado Springs

FYI - If anyone needs a DJI Phantom repaired or a gimbal / camera repair locally and quickly, USA Drone Repair is located in Security.
usadronerepair.net

Hello Everyone, Im a new flier here In Springs. I would love to meet up with other fliers. I very recently got hooked and now im wanting to see what its all about.

Hello...I will be flying today,If you want to hook up shoot me a message..I will be on the west side.

Hello everyone,

Im new to the phantom 3. Flew the phantom 1 years ago. Been in RC (planes) since becoming an aircraft mechanic (A/P) hack in 08'.

Ive been flying at cotton wood creek park off of dublin. Nobody has bothered me, have had folks ask questions of interest and thats it. I go early in the morning between 9-11 am. No one around really except the older folks.. Been to the east side of dublin (al the way) but its all houses now. Thinking of flying at pulpit maybe next week.

Its a bummer red rocks has posted no flying. I might head up to monument soon. Mt herman road has some areas that might be good to fly at. Maybe even some of the open space north of palmer lake.

Hello everyone,

Im new to the phantom 3. Flew the phantom 1 years ago. Been in RC (planes) since becoming an aircraft mechanic (A/P) hack in 08'.

Ive been flying at cotton wood creek park off of dublin. Nobody has bothered me, have had folks ask questions of interest and thats it. I go early in the morning between 9-11 am. No one around really except the older folks.. Been to the east side of dublin (al the way) but its all houses now. Thinking of flying at pulpit maybe next week.

Its a bummer red rocks has posted no flying. I might head up to monument soon. Mt herman road has some areas that might be good to fly at. Maybe even some of the open space north of palmer lake.

Welcome! I've been wanting to fly up at Spruce Mountain Open Space, but haven't made it up there yet. I haven't checked a map yet, but I think it's just north of the Academy airfield's airspace.

I fly pulpit all the time, it's ok.. as weather gets a bit better we should plan a meet up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only been there back in college days .. ghost stories. Lol. Dont remember where there would be a good spot to fly? Parking lot?

I've always wanted to do gold camp road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted a location earlier in this thread to fly from on Gold Camp Rd that overlooks the entrance to North Cheyenne Canyon (decent parking too).

I was able to almost reach the Shrine of the Sun and could fly over a saddle between the hills and get shots of Seven Falls. You can probably reach the Broadmoor from there as well, not to mention getting great shots up the canyon.

Sent from my LG V10 using TapaTalk for Android

Yup me too... this cold weather scares me.. but I guess as long as it's not windy, I'll give it a go

Yup me too... this cold weather scares me.. but I guess as long as it's not windy, I'll give it a go

The coldest temps I've flown in were upper 20s (at ground level) in January of last year, down at Castlewood Canyon State Park. I didn't know at the time that State parks were no-fly zones, but the gatehouse attendant apparently didn't either, and no one questioned me. The park was pretty deserted that day.

I had no problems, but my 2 batteries had been in my warm truck for the drive up there. My fingers were practically numb after two batteries, but otherwise no issues.

The coldest temps I've flown in were upper 20s (at ground level) in January of last year, down at Castlewood Canyon State Park. I didn't know at the time that State parks were no-fly zones, but the gatehouse attendant apparently didn't either, and no one questioned me. The park was pretty deserted that day.

I had no problems, but my 2 batteries had been in my warm truck for the drive up there. My fingers were practically numb after two batteries, but otherwise no issues.

I flew the other day and kept getting an error that my batts were too cold so that scared the hell out of me.. I gotta figure out a good battery warmer

There's a post on PhantomPilots somewhere about flying in cold temps that had a few suggestions for homemade battery warming solutions. Found it: What's the coldest flying temp?

I think one guy used hand warmers like for hunting or skiing, and another used a bag with dry rice heated in the microwave. Lots of people reported no problems if the bird and the batteries are kept as close to room temp as possible before take-off (like letting the bird "idle" at a hover to get the battery temp up). Others were flying while sitting in their vehicles. That scares the hell out of me--sounds like a fly-away waiting to happen.

Last edited:
There's a post on PhantomPilots somewhere about flying in cold temps that had a few suggestions for homemade battery warming solutions. Found it: What's the coldest flying temp?

I think one guy used hand warmers like for hunting or skiing, and another used a bag with dry rice heated in the microwave. Lots of people reported no problems if the bird and the batteries are kept as close to room temp as possible before take-off (like letting the bird "idle" at a hover to get the battery temp up). Others were flying while sitting in their vehicles. That scares the hell out of me--sounds like a fly-away waiting to happen.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to get out there for sure!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to get out there for sure!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik