Cold temperature flight.

Reaction score
Wanted to test a an original Phantom 2 battery that was sold to me as not holding charge. Temperature outside was 0 degrees F. So I sent it up about 130 feet and parked it. Thought I might get a couple of minutes flight and maybe my GoPro 3+ might function. Wow, I kept it up for 10 min with 53% battery left before I started down, about 11 minutes by the time I landed. The GoPro preformed flawlessly with no jello, I'll post a few clips later this evening. I've got a bunch of Phantoms including the latest and greatest but I still love my P2.

Attachments

• Fairbanks zero F.jpg
    Fairbanks zero F.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Wanted to test a an original Phantom 2 battery that was sold to me as not holding charge. Temperature outside was 0 degrees F. So I sent it up about 130 feet and parked it. Thought I might get a couple of minutes flight and maybe my GoPro 3+ might function. Wow, I kept it up for 10 min with 53% battery left before I started down, about 11 minutes by the time I landed. The GoPro preformed flawlessly with no jello, I'll post a few clips later this evening. I've got a bunch of Phantoms including the latest and greatest but I still love my P2.
Can’t beat the older P2 units, I’ve got 3 phantom 2 vision quads and still enjoy flying them

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Nothing wrong with that P2 battery to get that flight time in cold weather!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj