Close Encounter With A Helicopter!

The closest airstrip is 3 miles to the east Flying Hare STOL . Google Maps I’m sure he wasn’t going there, at least not at the altitude he was flying. I’m sure he got you by surprise as it looks he was low and probably not to fast. You would never expect an airplane to be flying lower than you and you look to be at 200 or so.
That would of definitely got me shaken up and calling it a day. Glad nothing happen.
Looks like he was at about 100 ft
View attachment 108796

That is a perfect example of a reckless/dangerous manned aircraft pilot. I believe you are supposed to report close encounters like that to the FAA. I would probably pay a visit to the local hangers, and find out who the gentlemen is, and have a talk with him. Let him know that you are trying to obey the law, by staying in your airspace, and you expect the same from him. Those pine trees dont look to be a 100 feet to me, and he is basically trimming the tops off.

That is a perfect example of a reckless/dangerous manned aircraft pilot. I believe you are supposed to report close encounters like that to the FAA. I would probably pay a visit to the local hangers, and find out who the gentlemen is, and have a talk with him. Let him know that you are trying to obey the law, by staying in your airspace, and you expect the same from him. Those pine trees dont look to be a 100 feet to me, and he is basically trimming the tops off.

You are correct, that is a very dangerous and reckless flying by this pilot. I am surprised no one has reported him yet.
I would not confront him as this might not turn out good. But, I would check out the local airports and when I find his green aircraft I would tape the pic above in his window with a note telling him next time he is spotted flying recklessly you’re going to the FAA and report him. Or you could get his tail number go to this link FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Inquiry get his address and send him the pic and note.

Reactions: Polish Ninja
The narco fly really low around here to avoid radar detection. They fly as low as they possibly can and only gain altitude to land.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4