Chicken Dance

Reaction score
I have a p3s that I have repaired from the ground up! My gimbal does the crazy chicken dance,it doesn't stop but for a second or two! Everything has been replaced in the gimbal new,could the dance be a software problem? MY controller will also connect toe drone and then disconnect and this is continuous also doesn't stop. Need help!!!

I have a p3s that I have repaired from the ground up! My gimbal does the crazy chicken dance,it doesn't stop but for a second or two! Everything has been replaced in the gimbal new,could the dance be a software problem? MY controller will also connect toe drone and then disconnect and this is continuous also doesn't stop. Need help!!!
Try linking again , might help your connection become stable,,,sure you installed all ribbons correct,, were parts original,,some cheap sets don't work due to spacing of Male and female ribbon cables,

Linking doesn't help did that several times, the ribbon cable is DJI and very carefully installed, the pitch motor gets hot but when linked it show's no overload,but the dance never stop's.This is why I think it could be a software problem

Any chance that you installed the pitch motor shaft into the camera 180° off?
I did, and the gimbal would never stop trying to find it's home.
If my memory serves, the flat on the shaft should face the rear of the drone.

Any chance that you installed the pitch motor shaft into the camera 180° off?
I did, and the gimbal would never stop trying to find it's home.
If my memory serves, the flat on the shaft should face the rear of the drone.

Excellent suggestion...I’ve done that twice. PITA but easy to fix!

The pitch shaft flat side is pointing to the rear of the camera.The controller says gimbal overload,but every thing is as it should be. I have 1 year invested in trying to make this camera work and I am no closer now than I was 1 year ago

Last edited:
Just to make a small clarification. The "pitch" controls the camera module, up and down; the "roll" is on the back side of the camera that causes the gimbal "dance" if it is 180 degrees off. There are 2 other sources of the "dance". Check the pitch and roll circuit board's OHms readings on the potentiometer, the part the shafts go thru. Select 20K on the multimeter, put one probe on the bottom, single tab and the other probe on the upper right and left tabs, WITH THE FLAT PORTION IN THE UP POSITION. If you get no reading, the pot is bad and will cause the dance. The readings can be around 345 to 365, with a reading being important. The OTHER cause is with the camera module itself. I have 10 modules that have bad boards and are the source of the "dance" DJI chose to experiment with the buying masses with this poor design. The circuitry that includes the SD card slot seems to been sensitive to impact. More DIY'er obstacles from DJI.

Just to make a small clarification. The "pitch" controls the camera module, up and down; the "roll" is on the back side of the camera that causes the gimbal "dance" if it is 180 degrees off. There are 2 other sources of the "dance". Check the pitch and roll circuit board's OHms readings on the potentiometer, the part the shafts go thru. Select 20K on the multimeter, put one probe on the bottom, single tab and the other probe on the upper right and left tabs, WITH THE FLAT PORTION IN THE UP POSITION. If you get no reading, the pot is bad and will cause the dance. The readings can be around 345 to 365, with a reading being important. The OTHER cause is with the camera module itself. I have 10 modules that have bad boards and are the source of the "dance" DJI chose to experiment with the buying masses with this poor design. The circuitry that includes the SD card slot seems to been sensitive to impact. More DIY'er obstacles from DJI.
Can you repair my camera? I have a bag full of parts,don't know which are good or bad ,I can't test the wifi boards. I have tested the pitch and roll boards and both have readings as do the other 2 that I that have. Sure could use the help !

My gimbal did weird things until I replaced the ribbon cable. Apparently it had gotten some water damage along the way. I second the advice to check all the connections of the ribbon cable - or ultimately, replace it.

Can you repair my camera? I have a bag full of parts,don't know which are good or bad ,I can't test the wifi boards. I have tested the pitch and roll boards and both have readings as do the other 2 that I that have. Sure could use the help !

I would be glad to. I would test the main circuit board first. If it is bad, it's not worth putting together a good gimbal unit. I have a P3S test drone and test cam for just this purpose. I guess you can PM me or call me 5309253229.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav