Charging RC and Batteries

Reaction score
I couldn't find exactly the answer I was looking for so here's the question: Can you leave the RC and battery in the charger for a lengthy period, i.e. 2-3 days at a time?

Can you leave the RC and battery in the charger for a lengthy period, i.e. 2-3 days at a time?
You could, but leaving batteries on the charger unattended is not the safest thing to do. It would be best to be nearby while the batteries are charging and to disconnect everything when the batteries are done charging.

Accidents don't happen often. However, you don't want it to be your house that burns down if something malfunctions during the charging process.

You could, but leaving batteries on the charger unattended is not the safest thing to do. It would be best to be nearby while the batteries are charging and to disconnect everything when the batteries are done charging.

Accidents don't happen often. However, you don't want it to be your house that burns down if something malfunctions during the charging process.
Thank you. Nothing like common sense.

Indeed, other than first had experience - when they fail it can be a very messy experience at best (Smoke etc) and costly if happens indoors. Just don’t ever leave them and ideally charge outside the home if you can.

Above .... and additional comment :

The DJI charger is a 'dumb brick' power supply. For example - the P3 series charger is set at a regulated 17.5V regardless of what happens. That means it is thumping out 17.5V all the time its connected.

The only 'switch' that effectively stops charging - is the battery charge control board itself. Should that fail - there is nothing to stop it ... only the cells voltage level resisting

Reactions: Cavepig7

We once had a house fire. And, over the next two to three months, you meet and talk to a lot of people who've likewise had the misfortune to suffer the same (or a generally similar) experience. One of the two men who carried in and upstairs our replacement mattress, for example, had lost his mother-in-law as a result of a house fire caused by an electrical fault just two weeks before. We learnt that electrical faults are a common cause of house fires, even if they "don't happen often".

We were shocked by the speed of engulfing smoke as the fire in our house took hold. We had about 6 seconds to get out after discovering the fire - and visibility was near-zero. The public education warnings our fire-fighters give from time to time are true. And every fireman I've met since, always reduces risk within their own house when unattended (for example, by unplugging anything not in use).

So, Cavepig7, I would agree with msinger - but I'd go a step further and say "Don't" as there's likely a safer alternative. The smoke damage from a house fire, assuming nobody dies or is burnt, will likely disrupt your life for many weeks or several months.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl