Charging current from controller to veiwing device.

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

When I got a P3adv I noticed that my phone considered it was being charged, I often wondered what the current was, tonight I finally got fed up wondering and .....

Attachments

• charging current controller to S5.jpg
    charging current controller to S5.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: Capt KO
Thank you, always wondered about that. Very small draw from your RC which has a lot of battery power. Love your digital current meter, better than my old analog. Works well with engines but not with Electronics.
Update: I checked Amazon and bought the Drok model. Sweet

Last edited:
When I got a P3adv I noticed that my phone considered it was being charged
This must be device specific as I have never seen a charge indicator on any device I have flown with. Also, there are numerous threads in that regard.

They are handy, I think I have seen 2A on this whilst charging a HUDL2 (UK tablet) but can't be certain (it was a while ago) but I have certainly seen more than 1A with a proper charger.

Fly Dawg both my phones, Samsungs S5 and Note 4 and my tablets, Hudl and Hudl2, all show themselves as being charged, my Nexus 7 does too.

BTW charging is not shown in the go-app, I was referring to its being shown on the viewing device's home screen homescreen, apologies for any confusion caused

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got a P3adv I noticed that my phone considered it was being charged, I often wondered what the current was, tonight I finally got fed up wondering and .....
The point here is that the controller will charge the viewing device, reducing flying time, so I always make sure my viewing device (iPad Mini 4) is fully charged before a flight.

That's true enough though I wasn't suggesting the controller be used as a charger.
As a matter of interest what happens as your iPad Mini 4 uses energy, i.e. runs the screen and Go-app etc.?

I was referring to its being shown on the viewing device's home screen homescreen,
Yes, I know what you were referring to. I never saw that on my S5, nor does it show up on my TabS2. I verified that yesterday. Strange but true, and have never had any interface issues. Just to ask, which RC do you have?

I think I can borrow an A and a B, if so I will check to see what I see with them. The other thing that comes to mind is the supplier of the phones and Hudls, Tesco in my case, whether or not they had something added is a question.
I do not know the origin of the Nexus as it is at least 2nd hand

In reply to #6
It pays to keep the iPad full before use.

Draw of ipad mini @ 100% charge.
20190726_121814.jpg

Draw of 10 in. ipad @ 45% charge.
20190726_122006.jpg

Just in case you want to know.

Last edited:
think I can borrow an A and a B, if so I will check to see what I see with them.
Really not a big deal, unless you are just inquisitive. Doesn't seem to effect anything flight or time wise for me.

Capt KO is that saying a full charged ipad draws 1.21A to keep it topped up? If so what does it draw with the Go-app running?

Capt KO is that saying a full charged ipad draws 1.21A to keep it topped up? If so what does it draw with the Go-app running?
It does not change amperage at all with Go running. It's the same as just having the screen on while charging. Yes, it takes 1.2 amps to keep it charged when full. And up to 2.5 amps when it's not full. Interesting
I'm @ 75% right now and it has dropped to 1.8 amps charging while streaming.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl