Charging Batteries Question

Reaction score
I use a iCharger for all of my other charging needs for my other quads. Was wondering if anyone has charged their Phantom 3 batteries with a like charger? I'm basically looking to charge more than one battery at a time. I found this charger lead on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Phanto...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9B5XF1GHNHW5C50CF8YK

Can I use this with my charger or am I better off getting the so called Blue triple charger? Any advise or opinions would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forums Please Read you Booklet that came with your Phantom ( ? ? ) D J I Recommends using the Charger that came with your Quad Copter and only Charge ( One ) item at a time. I bought me another Charger from Best Buy. If you Read your Quick Start Guide ( More than Once ) see Section # 4 Charging the Battery . Fly Safe gosports1

I use a iCharger for all of my other charging needs for my other quads. Was wondering if anyone has charged their Phantom 3 batteries with a like charger? I'm basically looking to charge more than one battery at a time. I found this charger lead on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Phanto...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9B5XF1GHNHW5C50CF8YK

Can I use this with my charger or am I better off getting the so called Blue triple charger? Any advise or opinions would be appreciated.
I highly recommend that blue triple charger since it charges 3 batteries at once in 80 min from 20% to full. You can also charge your controller at the same time. It's the best investment IMO. I have a SkyRC charger but I don't use it to charge P3 batteries; I prefer the blue charger.

I highly recommend that blue triple charger since it charges 3 batteries at once in 80 min from 20% to full. You can also charge your controller at the same time. It's the best investment IMO. I have a SkyRC charger but I don't use it to charge P3 batteries; I prefer the blue charger.

I have the Venom and charge 4 batteries at the same time very fast. (I forget but its on Amazon) Also 2 usb chargers so I can charge my tablet and controller at same time. It also maintains and cycles. Have used it for 3 months now. I also plug it into my car's ac outlet and fly most of the day when I get a chance. I'm going to get a couple more batteries that can be charging while I use up the 4 that are done. It shows max 100w for charging so that's well under 10 amps and easy to get from an inverter in the car or built in inverter. I numbered my batteries so that I rotate them if I don't use all 4. (P3S) Oh and each section is independent so when you are done with batt 1 and start using batt 2... you can start recharging batt 1 immediately.

Amazon.com: Venom Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced/Standard/4K and DJI Phantom 2 Vision/Vision+ Drone Smart Battery to Charger Lead Adapter Plug: Toys & Games

I don't own p3 . But I used icharger to charge p4 battery for the first time and it work. Setup the icharger to charge 4S lihv 6A no balancing , turn on the smart battery and icharger wil l output max voltage no more than 17.4 volts depending the battery voltage. Current will be limited to 6A . I guess the smart battery has built-in cell balancer. I will check the cells voltage
Later to make sure the battery is not undercharge or over charger. I will update the result when I have a chance.
update result : cell1 : 4.30v
cell2: 4.30v
cell3: 4.30v
cell 4: 4.29v
main screen display battery 99%
so I can confirm that the battery is good .
I also increased the charging current to 6.5A so far not seeing any magic smoke . May increasing the charging current to 7.5A for faster charging .

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.