Charging Batteries Question

Reaction score
I use a iCharger for all of my other charging needs for my other quads. Was wondering if anyone has charged their Phantom 3 batteries with a like charger? I'm basically looking to charge more than one battery at a time. I found this charger lead on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Phantom-Professional-Advanced-Standard/dp/B00UC334F8/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9B5XF1GHNHW5C50CF8YK

Can I use this with my charger or am I better off getting the so called Blue triple charger? Any advise or opinions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums Please Read you Booklet that came with your Phantom ( ? ? ) D J I Recommends using the Charger that came with your Quad Copter and only Charge ( One ) item at a time. I bought me another Charger from Best Buy. If you Read your Quick Start Guide ( More than Once ) see Section # 4 Charging the Battery . Fly Safe gosports1

Reaction score
I use a iCharger for all of my other charging needs for my other quads. Was wondering if anyone has charged their Phantom 3 batteries with a like charger? I'm basically looking to charge more than one battery at a time. I found this charger lead on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Phantom-Professional-Advanced-Standard/dp/B00UC334F8/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9B5XF1GHNHW5C50CF8YK

Can I use this with my charger or am I better off getting the so called Blue triple charger? Any advise or opinions would be appreciated.
I highly recommend that blue triple charger since it charges 3 batteries at once in 80 min from 20% to full. You can also charge your controller at the same time. It's the best investment IMO. I have a SkyRC charger but I don't use it to charge P3 batteries; I prefer the blue charger.

Reaction score
I highly recommend that blue triple charger since it charges 3 batteries at once in 80 min from 20% to full. You can also charge your controller at the same time. It's the best investment IMO. I have a SkyRC charger but I don't use it to charge P3 batteries; I prefer the blue charger.
I have the Venom and charge 4 batteries at the same time very fast. (I forget but its on Amazon) Also 2 usb chargers so I can charge my tablet and controller at same time. It also maintains and cycles. Have used it for 3 months now. I also plug it into my car's ac outlet and fly most of the day when I get a chance. I'm going to get a couple more batteries that can be charging while I use up the 4 that are done. It shows max 100w for charging so that's well under 10 amps and easy to get from an inverter in the car or built in inverter. I numbered my batteries so that I rotate them if I don't use all 4. (P3S) Oh and each section is independent so when you are done with batt 1 and start using batt 2... you can start recharging batt 1 immediately.

Reactions: ianzone
Reaction score

Amazon.com: Venom Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced/Standard/4K and DJI Phantom 2 Vision/Vision+ Drone Smart Battery to Charger Lead Adapter Plug: Toys & Games

I don't own p3 . But I used icharger to charge p4 battery for the first time and it work. Setup the icharger to charge 4S lihv 6A no balancing , turn on the smart battery and icharger wil l output max voltage no more than 17.4 volts depending the battery voltage. Current will be limited to 6A . I guess the smart battery has built-in cell balancer. I will check the cells voltage
Later to make sure the battery is not undercharge or over charger. I will update the result when I have a chance.
update result : cell1 : 4.30v
cell2: 4.30v
cell3: 4.30v
cell 4: 4.29v
main screen display battery 99%
so I can confirm that the battery is good .
I also increased the charging current to 6.5A so far not seeing any magic smoke . May increasing the charging current to 7.5A for faster charging .

Last edited:
Phantom Drones from EALLRC.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert S.