Changing WIFI module because of no live view in SmartPhone

Reaction score
I purchased a second hand PV2+ from a guy who told me that the built in drone wifi module was gone. I only receive the telemetry data but no live view and the camera will take pictures and video (which I can control via smart phone).I purchased two second hand wifi modules (DJI calls it Part#03). With none of the new modules I get live view but I have a strange behavior unlike with the old module: after I connect to my range extender via WIFI from my Samsung Note AND register the MAC-addresse of the camera in DJI app, I can no longer access the appliaction AND I lose my WIFI-connection. The only way to get the range extender connected to phone is to push the range extenders reset button.

1) Does the wifi-module of PH2+ have to be set up/connected to the range extender after having been changed or is entering of the MAC address of the camera the only step for binding with the range extender?

2) After pushing the range extenders reset button what needs to be done at the drone side? I would assume that this part also needs to be told that th binding is ongoing or is entering of the MAC address of the camera the whole job?

3) Could the range extender cause the problems? However I get different behavior with different wifi-modules (maybe all 3 are faulty...and the range extender).

4) Someone told me that a damaged cable of the camera could cause such behavior.

Many thanks!

I purchased a second hand PV2+ from a guy who told me that the built in drone wifi module was gone. I only receive the telemetry data but no live view and the camera will take pictures and video (which I can control via smart phone).I purchased two second hand wifi modules (DJI calls it Part#03). With none of the new modules I get live view but I have a strange behavior unlike with the old module: after I connect to my range extender via WIFI from my Samsung Note AND register the MAC-addresse of the camera in DJI app, I can no longer access the appliaction AND I lose my WIFI-connection. The only way to get the range extender connected to phone is to push the range extenders reset button.

1) Does the wifi-module of PH2+ have to be set up/connected to the range extender after having been changed or is entering of the MAC address of the camera the only step for binding with the range extender?

2) After pushing the range extenders reset button what needs to be done at the drone side? I would assume that this part also needs to be told that th binding is ongoing or is entering of the MAC address of the camera the whole job?

3) Could the range extender cause the problems? However I get different behavior with different wifi-modules (maybe all 3 are faulty...and the range extender).

4) Someone told me that a damaged cable of the camera could cause such behavior.

Many thanks!

good chance any wifi modules for the p2 are going to be bad or go bad
after that fw update a little while ago seamed to kill many of them

here is video it been a long time since I did it myself...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

good luck

Well then it must be another two broken WIFI-Modules I purchased. At least my old module has one wifi-link working for the telemetry while the other two are completely dead. That would explain why after entering the MAC-address of the camera in the DJI app the wifi-signal of the range extender disappears. I would not imagine to purchase two crap modules from two separate sellers which is sad...

I would like to ask the experts how the WIFI module works. It has two antennas and I assume that one antenna is responsible for transmission of telemetry data while the othe is for video signal. It is well known that the transmission of the video signal earlier or later will fail (this is why lately there was a version of the moduel with holes for better cooling).
My problem is that both sellers claim that modules worked before. Before I blame them to sell rubbish is there a possibility - perhaps a damaged range extender - that would cause the WIFI signal to disappear at the moment when the range extender gets connected (binding) with the camera? I believe that the problem may be simple, my wifi module has one of two wifi links dead while the two other modules are completely gone and that is why the range extender colapses until a complete reset. But is it that simple? Thank you.

Many thanks!
I was having the same issue when I fired up my P2V+ after several months of non use. Spoke with my retailer/service center and was told tough luck, buy a new one. The I read that you can download an earlier version of the firmware 2.xx and install it. Amazing, now I am flying again and all the wifi stuff is working fine.

@GA Fly Boy
Thanks for your hint. I was googling to find a download source for the firmware 2.xx for Phantom 2 Vision + but despite an hour of search could not find any. DJI removed it from their page and all the links point only to DJI. Any alternative archives known?

Go to www.dronslinger.com
He has all the P2V+ downloads. I downloaded version 2, connected the drone and ran the upload. worked fine.
might want to try some of the other versions if necessary.

Good luck.

I went to this website and downloaded "Phantom 2 Assistant_2.00". The soft connects to DJI, asks me for update while it does not allow to open all submenus. I believe the only the option available within the firmware overwie is to upgrade the firmware via connecting to DJI but no option to point to a locally downloaded firmware file for up- or downgrades.
If I am wrong could you please post a direct link to the firmware? Thanks!

I found the info to do the hard reset and after the firmware is erased and I connect PH 2 Assistant V2.0 it connects to the internet and reports no update. I had to go back to a newer version of the PH 2 Assistant and this immediately downloads 3.14.
The problem is well covered here Help downgrading firmware back to 3.12 and so far I have not seen anyone having downgraded his PV2+ using a cached version of the firmware. DJI removed all earlier firmware and all we get is 3.14 :-(

I had trouble rebinding camera after module replacement then read to use MAC address on new module and it worked first try. Maybe you tried this if not it's worth a shot

I tried what you propose several time.The problem is that I can connect with the camera only with my old module, but that does not transfer the video stream. I have two another modules here from different sellers who says they were OK when they had them. AfterI enter the correct MAC (or scan the code), get OK for binding, WIFI connection between my smartphone with DJI app and the range extender gets lost and I only get it back after pushing the reset button of the range extender. Then I have to do the binding process again, it says connected and then the WIFI is lost again. I tried all different kind of software, DJI apps etc. Phantom has 3.14 firmware and I would like to downgrade to 2.x but I cannot find the firmware file to download and even if I found it I don't know how to manually upload it because the software tries to connect to DJI's website and the old 2.x software cannon find the 2.x firmware and the newer software 3.x always downloads 3.14 because there is anything else on DJI. I am completely frustrated...

I just installed new module this morning turned every thing on selected phantom in iphone wifi settings then went to dji app no connection hit the back arrow top left go to settings then down to bind entered last 6 numbers and characters from new module then top right hit the blue check then wait then blue check again . power every thing down and restart and WE HAVE A Winner. never touched the extender.
good luck. My understanding is the extender connects to phone the camera binds to the wifi module which is were the new mac address comes in.
How ever I,am new to this just trying to help.

Probably my two module have a fault. My problem is that the sellers claim that the modules were working. I didn't want to blame that they sold me broken modules but now I see that this is the only explanation...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers