Changing props on a FC40

How do u guys balance ur blades? Tape? I got some from seller Kazoom or Kaozom on amazon and they wouldn't even thread on, there was plastic in the threads and they were all mangled up. Stay away from him. He also sells used stuff as new

dtitus6297 said:
I have a feeling that peeps with bad results from 9 in props...especially the 9450 ones...are using the knock offs. I got some "oem 9450 blades" from amazon and they were fakes and flew horrible. Got the real thing and is awesome!

Totally agree. I have bagged the P2 props in the past until I got an actual P2 and that flies fine so I went back to the Fc40 and experimented some more.

Tested all on the same day, original props absolutely fine in every respect. Changed battery , put on P2 props from banngood (the coloured ones) Freekin nightmare, it flew like I'd lost GPS, it was a struggle just to keep it in the air,5 minutes was enough. Put the original p2 props on from my P2 and it flew stronger than the 8 inchers, definitely more lift and waaay better than the knock off Banggood ones. I flew with the Original P2 props for 15 minutes and they are a great alternative to the 8 inchers though I do think they are more prone to the wind and they do make rapid descents interesting.

Happy to fly Fc40 or P2 props now, the latter gives more lift and longer fly times but suit calmer conditions, the former, more accurate flying and way less turbulence.

My advice: totally forget the Knock offs, they are terrible.

Right where do I get the 9450s from guys?

Just got my 9450 props. 2:30 extra flight time and better performance. Definantly worth 30 bucks for the oem ones

Seems that many of you compare the P2 props (9450) with the stock FC40 ones, with great succes.

I have flewn with carbon fiber stock-alike FC40 balanced propellers for a year now. They have been fantastic and better than the stock plastic. Incredible reaction time, and superior stable.

Have anyone tried carbon fiber 9450 self balanced propellers with succes, in comparison with the plastic 9450?

Thanks

I have 4 sets, Maytech is the Shizz. Need bit of balancing, but I like to do it.

Flies great, true and stable.

You can find better prices than those though. Look around.

I changed back to the stock props now because I don't want longer flight time now in this time of the year when I have both my fc40 and my new p2v the flight time is about 30 min combined and its cold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31