Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

duneview said:
ZonComGMZ said:
I got mine working today. It only uses about 50% movement of the knob though even after calibrating. No big deal.
http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/3080578898_dgNp65x?width=640&height=360&noshare&nohome&nologo

I have tried resetting DJI assistant, but still get little movement.. can anyone explain that the settings should be for a good range of tip.. especially downwards

+1 yes help tech guys don't leave us hanging :roll:

DKDarkness said:
They do, its called the "RotorPixel" :-D
ahha. I think I can convert this one and have beer money left over. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

skyhighdiver said:
duneview said:
ZonComGMZ said:
I got mine working today. It only uses about 50% movement of the knob though even after calibrating. No big deal.
http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/3080578898_dgNp65x?width=640&height=360&noshare&nohome&nologo

I have tried resetting DJI assistant, but still get little movement.. can anyone explain that the settings should be for a good range of tip.. especially downwards

+1 yes help tech guys don't leave us hanging :roll:[/quot

it was the same with mine the way I did it, I open DJI assistant went to basic then rc control start calibration x1 moved the lever as far as it would go to the right then back to the left my settings are 1000, 0, 750, I have fitted the DJI lever to the back of the tx now I get full tilt up and down. it works great hope this helps

"it was the same with mine the way I did it, I open DJI assistant went to basic then rc control start calibration x1 moved the lever as far as it would go to the right then back to the left my settings are 1000, 0, 750, I have fitted the DJI lever to the back of the tx now I get full tilt up and down. it works great hope this helps"

Thanks shaun27! This tip worked for me. Got my full range back!

Awesome. All working found a cool carbonfiber pitch lever all is good. Now I just need my Rotorpixel gimbal to come in. Thanks very much to those who figured this out and contributed to the post.

JJ

shaun27 said:
Skipholiday said:
DKDarkness said:
You're welcome :)
If you are wondering if the Ch7 gimbal control works with cheap AlexMos based gimbals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFiXXDlg5Aw :)
sweet, wonder if they make that gimble for the Vision camera?

have seen this gimbal for £49.00 on banggood am think about ordering one to see if it can be adapted to take the p2v camera

http://www.banggood.com/FPV-Gopro3-2-Ax ... 08068.html
it's $79 American dollars. Not bad

camera tilt, limited movement

Many thanks for that.. If I have Nazan enabled, would this still work?

duneview said:

yes it did for me but to make sure leave your phantom plug in to your pc enable the Nazan then move the 7th channel lever that's the way I did it and it worked

Count said:
This Works!!!! I already had the lever installed, just waiting for some software. This is GREAT! There is one small problem, though. The lever only travels about 30 degrees. The potentiometer inside of the transmitter actually moves well over 180 degrees. If you control the camera tilt with the lever, you only can move it through about 1/4 of it's full range. I think it is a flaw in the design of the lever. I think a new lever design is going to be needed to allow the full tilting range of the camera. I think I will shave the plastic off of the lever mount to allow another 30 or so degrees of movement, thus allowing more ability to tilt the camera.

This is an amazing find, and I have not seen it anywhere before. For kicks, I tried using the "Vision" setting on the software, and is did nothing.

Don't do that, there are a way better solution.
A lot (many) people are not using the lever at all! Instead they have soldered a couple of wires so the can connect a potentiometer.
Drill a hole in the top of the RX and mount the potentiometer there. You will get way better control and more fluid motion.
Take a look here: [url=http://www.y...tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hStYq2vatM#t=10 [/url]

I know this example are made on a non Vision but I can't see why it not should work on a Vision.

shaun27 said:
duneview said:

yes it did for me but to make sure leave your phantom plug in to your pc enable the Nazan then move the 7th channel lever that's the way I did it and it worked

Many thanks.. tried it.. working fine now!

I finally installed my genuine DJI lever and installed the software then calibrated the lever in the software. Freaking sweet! WAY better than using the phone to control the gimbal while flying.

Run downloaded software, H3 2D set, close. Run Phantom Assistant can see X1 Calibrate under Basic. However turning the pot does not seem to register at all. Any ideas? yes, Phantom on and Tx On.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik