Cedar Hill State Park, Texas no-fly zone

There will always be the one person who pushes the envelope and flies in restricted areas... little do they care how it effects the rest of us.

New River Gorge is a National Park?, I did not realize that. I sure don't remember that being the case in 1995-2001 when I was actively kayaking it. Obviously, not a place to fly if that is the case.

Edit, New River is a National River, not a National Park, same as the Buffalo River in my State. However I understand that National River's are considered to have the same rules as a National Park, i.e. NRZ within the boundary of the National River. On the Buffalo, this is usually a 1 mile to .5 wide section of land.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: WV. Rootman
New River Gorge is a National Park?, I did not realize that. I sure don't remember that being the case in 1995-2001 when I was actively kayaking it. Obviously, not a place to fly if that is the case.

Edit, New River is a National River, not a National Park, same as the Buffalo River in my State. However I understand that National River's are considered to have the same rules as a National Park, i.e. NRZ within the boundary of the National River. On the Buffalo, this is usually a 1 mile to .5 wide section of land.

Paul Caldwell
You are right. Thank's for the correction.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic