Are Idaho state parks no-fly zones?

Reaction score
I was told to ground my P4P at an Idaho state park by a ranger. I asked him why there was no sign prohibiting drones. He said the technology was still too new! So today I used B4UFly to see if it knows about that park being a no fly zone, and it doesn't! Isn't B4UFly supposed to be the "official" indicator of no fly zones?

They are banned in all National Parks and a lot of State Parks are also joining in, and if a park ranger says no then you just have to abide by it.

Easiest way to find out is to just call your local State Parks Department. New York State only allows model aircraft flying in a small number of state parks in designated areas and you also need a permit to do so.

No Fly Zones can only be set up by the FAA and ban drones within public airspace. Land owners can ban a _person_ from landing, operating from and landing on their property. These are two completely different things. The FAA app only shows the FAA No Fly Zones, not anything else. If a park bans you from operating a drone on their property, they need to make this rule known. In some cases there is no ban and law enforcement may simply not like drones and tell you that there is one. My recommendation is to call the park manager and ask for written confirmation that drones cannot be operated from within the park.

Reactions: YogiFlyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31