Catania Sicily Italy Tour with DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score

During my recent trip to Catania an amazing city in Sicily, Italy, I filmed my first outdoor real video at the height of 2500 meters on Mount Etna.

Mount Etna is highest volcano in Europe with height of 3,350 m.

Reactions: iAm and flpholt

Seagulls do not like Dji phantom white drones.

Aci Trezza (Sicilian: Jaci Trizza) is a town in Sicily, southern Italy, a frazione of the comune of Aci Castello, c. 10 km north of Catania, with a population of around 5,000 people.

The Islands of the Cyclops
Of the coast of Aci Trezza are three tall, column-shaped islands. According to local legend, these great stones are the ones thrown at Odysseus in The Odyssey. The islands are referred to as the "isole dei ciclopi" (islands of the Cyclops, or Cyclopean Isles) by locals. This compliments the notion that the Cyclops once had a smithy below Mount Etna, which looms over the village to the northwest.

Aci Trezza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please Subscribe/Follow/Like/Comment and Smile :)

Reactions: iAm
Hi.
I'm going to Amalfi this August and I'm planning to bring my Phantom3 for personal pictures.
Did customs give you a hard time entering Itlay with a drone, assuming you came from another country to film your videos of Sicily.
Thank you
Tony

Hi Tony, Nothing at all. I just carried it in shoulder rucksack. nobody asked a question.
my flight was inter-Europe but with different country.
Have fun there and looking forward to nice shot and footage.
cheers,
Willi

Thank you Willi.
That's the confirmation I was looking for.
I was worried after reading ENAC the first time.
But after reading ENAC again, I'm understanding that small drones are regulated under the "Model Aircraft" section of ENAC.
I can't wait to get some beautiful Amalfi photographs.
I will post pics.
Tony
...I posted you a couple pics from my trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 317
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 351
Reactions: HelloWilli
The shots look very nice.
I am still new wtih Dji/Multikopters and afraid to fly on Urban areas. I guess it takes time and practice.

Do you have social media/Youtube channel?
mine: HelloWilli

Keep in touch!

what happened to the video?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl