Carbon fiber props

Reaction score
Hey!
Is there anyone who has a long term experience with this Carbonfiber propellers from DroneWorld for the P4?
I allready got them on my Phantom 4 Pro v2, and I like them, more reponsive and more noice, but I have not been using them for so long. I’m also skeptical to use anything that’s not Dji oem accesories, so I would be thankful if anyone would share their experience with this propellers[emoji4]
IMG_3327.jpg

Reactions: FlyingUser
I have just joined the group with my p4p but used carbon fiber prop’s on my p3s with no negative effects. They are a harder material and flex a lot less then the plastic ones. The don’t break or get nicked up easily. Cons they are heavier is the only issue I can see. The drone is faster and breaks quicker with carbon fiber props.

I have just joined the group with my p4p but used carbon fiber prop’s on my p3s with no negative effects. They are a harder material and flex a lot less then the plastic ones. The don’t break or get nicked up easily. Cons they are heavier is the only issue I can see. The drone is faster and breaks quicker with carbon fiber props.
Faster?
Its hard to see how this could be as the flight controller limits speed.
Do you have any flight data to back up the claim?

No I do not have any flight data and I don’t mean top speed. I am saying that because they are very rigged the accelerate faster in the same way the brake faster.

Signed up! The P4P is my very first drone and the props seem to be quite fragile to me. Also being a quad, broken prop over water (where I fly a lot) is no good news...

OEM props are actually pretty tough, My P4 is 2.5 years old with over 1500 miles flown, I changed my original props at one year old and I guess about 700 plus miles and the blades looked like new, the hub bore was a bit worn as the clips that lock into the motor clips showed some wear but where not shot by any means. I changed them as preventive maintenance. Stiffer blades will not absorb vibrations as well and will induce more force on the craft in hard acceleration and braking, do you really want to do this to your craft? If you nick your blades your flying to close to stuff or tend to tip over on take off or landing. over 8,000,000 feet and not one nick on any blade (yet!) just lots of bug guts to wipe off.

Signed up! The P4P is my very first drone and the props seem to be quite fragile to me. Also being a quad, broken prop over water (where I fly a lot) is no good news...
DJI props are generally regarded as the best for the Phantom.
They are more than strong enougg and the flex is there on purpose to act like shock absorbers.
If rigid CF was really better, DJI's propulsion engineers would have used them.

Another CF prop thread.... This has been discussed hundreds of times.

CF props will make your Phantom fly 100% faster, 200% longer and 75% further. They also will prevent all crashes. This is true of anything calling itself CF.

CF are no better then OEM props, period. Lots of people have done good testing on this. It's all marketing. For every thing people claim CF does better for some reason, there is an argument why the opposite is true.

Reactions: wa5tef
Carbon fiber props...

I had my P4P to warp 8.8 last week while flying between Vulcan and the Klingon home world using CF props. Outran/accelerated/maneuvered three Romulan cruisers looking to board me and confiscate my load of Borg di-lithium crystals. Didn’t happen! CF props WAAAAY better than factory...acceleration, braking, flying in wind (even solar wind found in the
Brewski Nebula), etc. Carbon fiber is used in ALL Boeing/Airbus construction...much better than fat, flexible, hi-drag factory blades. DJI won’t put them on as OEm because that would be admitting that they don’t use the best blades AS OEM. My CF blades are quieter...bought them on Amazon for peanuts. Been using them for a year. Have the factory blades/hubs somewhere...I think in Tatooine. Stiffer IS better!
I don’t buy blades with the idea that I might crash and their subsequent tolerance for that; I buy blades for increased performance. CF blades provide it. Don’t listen to the bounty-hunters, ne’er fly wells ( or at all); buy CF blades...much mo bettah!

Reactions: Dr_VonDuck
Carbon fiber props...

I had my P4P to warp 8.8 last week while flying between Vulcan and the Klingon home world using CF props. Outran/accelerated/maneuvered three Romulan cruisers looking to board me and confiscate my load of Borg di-lithium crystals. Didn’t happen! CF props WAAAAY better than factory...acceleration, braking, flying in wind (even solar wind found in the
Brewski Nebula), etc. Carbon fiber is used in ALL Boeing/Airbus construction...much better than fat, flexible, hi-drag factory blades. DJI won’t put them on as OEm because that would be admitting that they don’t use the best blades AS OEM. My CF blades are quieter...bought them on Amazon for peanuts. Been using them for a year. Have the factory blades/hubs somewhere...I think in Tatooine. Stiffer IS better!
I don’t buy blades with the idea that I might crash and their subsequent tolerance for that; I buy blades for increased performance. CF blades provide it. Don’t listen to the bounty-hunters, ne’er fly wells ( or at all); buy CF blades...much mo bettah!
Do you even have true CF woven construction rotors? Most of the available options peddled in ebay are faux CF- all show and no go. Poorly balanced bling and significantly less reliable than the standard OEM offerings.

It’s well known that quality CF props can provide better responsiveness and higher overall performance on model flight. Not on a current or recent model DJI AC however. This is simply because the flight controller limits the max pitch and other parameters. If your aftermarket rotor can deliver higher thrust in a particular operating condition the flight controller will simply reduce the RPM of the rotor.

Well...yes! 100% pure carbon fiber. You are correct, sort of, in that there are many “CF” props out there including plastic props wrapped in fiber. Some are not even completely wrapped in CF! eBay is not where one goes to buy top-of-the-line CF props.
I have a digital scale which reads to .1 grains; 7000 grains to a pound. I weighed 4 CF props...all the same. Checked the balance...perfect! Never had one come apart but I have never crashed or impacted on anything. Yes, stiffer; yes, lighter; yes,
more expensive. No, your analysis of DJI P4P is incorrect. The aircraft WILL stop faster, accelerate faster, buck more wind and generally fly much better with CF props. Go buy a few REAL CF props and try them...flying at warp 8.8 is great fun!

Well...yes! 100% pure carbon fiber. You are correct, sort of, in that there are many “CF” props out there including plastic props wrapped in fiber. Some are not even completely wrapped in CF! eBay is not where one goes to buy top-of-the-line CF props.
I have a digital scale which reads to .1 grains; 7000 grains to a pound. I weighed 4 CF props...all the same. Checked the balance...perfect! Never had one come apart but I have never crashed or impacted on anything. Yes, stiffer; yes, lighter; yes,
more expensive. No, your analysis of DJI P4P is incorrect. The aircraft WILL stop faster, accelerate faster, buck more wind and generally fly much better with CF props. Go buy a few REAL CF props and try them...flying at warp 8.8 is great fun!
100% CF? Can’t be. They will be mostly some other compound by weight.

Which props are they? Do you have a link?

My understanding of how this works is that your use of these props is no different to a 17y/o who thinks his Hyundai is producing more hp with the loud exhaust he fitted. The ECU isn’t going to remap the ignition and fuel curves in response to the reduced back pressure. He might actually run a slower ET as he has changed the scavenging efficiency of the stock exhaust. Any gains you might think you have realised are almost certainly psychological.

What crap, dude! Get with the program! Saying that CF props don’t improve performance is like saying that new tires aren’t any better than bald tires (not talking about drag slicks here) because they are all “round”.
Obviously you don’t have the resources, the nerve or the flying skill to
do CF props. Get a pair...actually, get two pair and go flying. Standing on the sidelines pointing fingers is for the weak and feckless. Go fly...with CF props, then you can speak with some authority. Until then you don’t know what you are missing...or talking about.

What crap, dude! Get with the program! Saying that CF props don’t improve performance is like saying that new tires aren’t any better than bald tires (not talking about drag slicks here) because they are all “round”.
Obviously you don’t have the resources, the nerve or the flying skill to
do CF props. Get a pair...actually, get two pair and go flying. Standing on the sidelines pointing fingers is for the weak and feckless. Go fly...with CF props, then you can speak with some authority. Until then you don’t know what you are missing...or talking about.
Saying they improve performance on a DJI AC absent any supporting evidence and contrary to what has been otherwise demonstrated and is known about the FC operation does nothing to advance your argument.

I have plenty of real woven CF composite rotor blades for RC helicopters. They have significant performance advantages for 3D flying. I would use wood or fibreglass if I was looking for more relaxed flight characteristics or hoping to fly with a camera and get good footage. A fitter relavent consideration is that CF blades put more strain on the driveline, linkages servis and the while airframe.

Assuming the CF rotors you have do improve response and braking you probably don’t want either if you are looking for smooth footage. The standard OEM nylon props are best for this application no question.

Reactions: John Locke
Actually, you don’t know what you are talking about. The CF props give faster and much more precise response. Thus, say in tripod mode, the P4P will respond to drone input faster and more smoothly..thus far more stable flying! Just because the CF props allow more speed, acceleration, braking and wind
bucking does NOT mean that other commands are necessarily more abrupt...the opposite is true. The CF props give much more precise control of the drone. Precision flying is, after all, what we are all trying to achieve. Try’em! You will never use OEM props again.

Actually, you don’t know what you are talking about. The CF props give faster and much more precise response. Thus, say in tripod mode, the P4P will respond to drone input faster and more smoothly..thus far more stable flying! Just because the CF props allow more speed, acceleration, braking and wind
bucking does NOT mean that other commands are necessarily more abrupt...the opposite is true. The CF props give much more precise control of the drone. Precision flying is, after all, what we are all trying to achieve. Try’em! You will never use OEM props again.
Oh- so its an advantage to have rotors that might provide for faster thrust changes in a flight mode that is intended to provide significantly reduced speed and control sensitivity. Seriously? now its evident your intent is to wind people up and you either have no grasp of are deliberately avoiding facts. Im sure you have been here before in earlier threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31