Carbon fiber props

CF props
No, because the props produce faster responses the drone doesn’t get as far off before corrections, by the drone, are made. Smaller corrections made sooner result in smoother flying. A finer hand on the sticks is rewarded with smoother flying. Try’em...you will like ‘em!

CF props
No, because the props produce faster responses the drone doesn’t get as far off before corrections, by the drone, are made. Smaller corrections made sooner result in smoother flying. A finer hand on the sticks is rewarded with smoother flying. Try’em...you will like ‘em!
The opposite applies. Assume the CF props offer greater stiffness that might translate increasing RPM to faster thrust changes due to reduced flex. What is the result? Less change in RPM for a given change in thrust. Result is actually less precision in implementing subtle changes as the propulsion system has less RPM range available to it. The other extreme is that lack of flex in prop might load a motor to the point that changes in RPM are slower. The drone performance is limited by software limits with the propulsion system being designed to spin the OEM nylon props. Fly whatever props you like by all means. Don't try and say they are an improvement unless you can demonstrate it. Subjective observations and assumptions don't mean much.

I use them both, original and CF. The performance of AC is maybe a bit better with CF but definitely not as much as you advertise here. They are not quieter but a little louder than originals.
Most people here do not use Phantoms for racing but use it for video and picture taking so the type of blades is absolutely of no relevance.
And there is one thing nobody mentioned here - CF props can do much more harm if something go wrong and AC accidently hits somebody. CF props are literally spinning blades. Don't forget that.

Reactions: Ataim
My pure CF props are quieter...attested to by several friends who have seen the drone in action. No debate there at all. The type of blade IS relevant! My P4P handles high winds much better than OEM props.Steadier, can hover in more wind. With the OEM props I had to cease flying in less wind. It stops faster both in the horizontal plane and the vertical. Saying that CF props aren’t better is akin to saying that fuel injection isn’t as good as carburetors. Gentlemen, we are well past the halfway point of the second decade of the 21st century...modern materials ARE better...perhaps you would prefer that DJI build their P4P out of wood? Use rubber bands for propulsion? Perhaps we should tie the drones to a stout nylon line so they can’t get away. Where does it stop? CF blades..(real, pure CF)...buy‘em, fly’em...you will never return to fat, heavy, drag-heavy OEM blades.
BTW, I don’t race my P4P...leave that to the fast-fingered youngsters and it is great fun to watch them do it. However, better control over the drone makes for better photography. More stable, more wind capability so I stay aloft when you have to give up due to wind thus...I get the shot and you don’t. The type of blade IS relevant to success aloft.

My pure CF props are quieter...attested to by several friends who have seen the drone in action. No debate there at all. The type of blade IS relevant! My P4P handles high winds much better than OEM props.Steadier, can hover in more wind. With the OEM props I had to cease flying in less wind. It stops faster both in the horizontal plane and the vertical. Saying that CF props aren’t better is akin to saying that fuel injection isn’t as good as carburetors. Gentlemen, we are well past the halfway point of the second decade of the 21st century...modern materials ARE better...perhaps you would prefer that DJI build their P4P out of wood? Use rubber bands for propulsion? Perhaps we should tie the drones to a stout nylon line so they can’t get away. Where does it stop? CF blades..(real, pure CF)...buy‘em, fly’em...you will never return to fat, heavy, drag-heavy OEM blades.
BTW, I don’t race my P4P...leave that to the fast-fingered youngsters and it is great fun to watch them do it. However, better control over the drone makes for better photography. More stable, more wind capability so I stay aloft when you have to give up due to wind thus...I get the shot and you don’t. The type of blade IS relevant to success aloft.

So folks are supposed to believe what your saying , why ? Do you have a side by side comparison video , do you have anything ?

Agree I got many cf sets and can't beat originals,they designed and made for the phantom,if anything I think cf might cause stress cracks over time,if the props not flexing what is,,not saying they are rubbish just can't think of appropriate application for these,more speed,dunno mind over matter unless data to back it up,they might produce different sound thinking they go faster

After all said and done it seems like the consensus is on CF props.My sentiments too.If they where no better than OEM then why does DJI pack them in the box?

Well I can "really" confirm it.Bought my Phantom 3 Advanced 2 weeks ago.Jetjockey6 says it as it is.Why all the agro over props of all things. I feel it is being totally negative about a product that even DJI supplies now "in the box" Yes.

I did not know that! I bought my P4P well over a year ago and it came with the standard OEM props. DJI now adds them in?
Interesting! Are they pure CF or plastic props partially or totally wrapped in CF? Are the pure plastic , fat, flexible white OEM props also in the box with new drones?

Reactions: gagetman
I find the number of posts and date joined (the forum) by the protagonists very interesting. Note that the people screaming the loudest about the merits of CF are new to the forum and probably new to flying and do not have any hard data to support their claims. The ones arguing with them are long-time pilots of various types of aircraft, that can sight actual test data. Who you gonna believe?

Well I can "really" confirm it.Bought my Phantom 3 Advanced 2 weeks ago.Jetjockey6 says it as it is.
That's hard to understand sInce DJI don't make any hard, black CF props for the Phantoms,
I suspect there's another explanation.
Well I can "really" confirm it.Bought my Phantom 3 Advanced 2 weeks ago.Jetjockey6 says it as it is.
Says it as it is?
He says it like all the folks that push CF props with subjective terms like better, more responsive, crisper but just like all the others, there's no data to back up the assertions.
Why all the agro over props of all things.
Just look at the ad back in post #1.
It's full of dodgy and doubtful claims such as higher top speed !!
It shows a prop made for the P3 series
The most truthful bit is the last line: Use with caution
There may be some good quality 3rd party props but Ebay is full of dodgy, unbalanced, CF props that too many have found out don't work very well or if you are unlucky can break in mid air causing the loss of your Phantom.
All this for something that still hasn't been shown to do anything any better than the original equipment.

I did not know that! I bought my P4P well over a year ago and it came with the standard OEM props. DJI now adds them in?
Interesting! Are they pure CF or plastic props partially or totally wrapped in CF? Are the pure plastic , fat, flexible white OEM props also in the box with new drones?
Hi there Jetjockey6.Yip.DJI supply pure CF and 8 OEM plastic props.I believe you know what you are talking about and having to argue with them "know alls" is pathtic when the obvious looks you right in the face.

Reactions: Videojim
Well I live in deepest, darkest,war-torn and ravaged Africa and that's how Droneworld S.A. supplies new drones to us.Why would I have you on?Just to prove an argument?No I don't need to.The facts are obvious.Obviously they, DJI approve of CF props fitted to their drones and supply them now as an alternitive for each one's preference.

Well I can "really" confirm it.Bought my Phantom 3 Advanced 2 weeks ago.Jetjockey6 says it as it is.Why all the agro over props of all things. I feel it is being totally negative about a product that even DJI supplies now "in the box" Yes.
Fair enough- you ended up with some so called carbon fibre props as part of an accessory kit. They are not DJI- they are third party. You will be lucky of they are actually genuine CF construction. Unfortunately you are playing russian roulette with your new toy. There have been many cases of these props failing during flight. Most of these 3rd party offerings are complete crap.

Well I live in deepest, darkest,war-torn and ravaged Africa and that's how Droneworld S.A. supplies new drones to us.Why would I have you on?Just to prove an argument?No I don't need to.The facts are obvious.Obviously they, DJI approve of CF props fitted to their drones and supply them now as an alternitive for each one's preference.
It's not obvious at all because DJI don't sell CF props.
Your dealer probably put them on and it's got nothing to do with DJI approval.
Ask Droneworld about your warranty if the drone is lost because of a bad prop.

Reactions: higherperspective

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31