Carbon fiber props

Gentlemen,
Come to Dallas and bring your Phantoms with OEM props. We will have a fly-off.....winner gets the other guys drone. We will hire a judge, with drone experience, to make the calls.
Let’s see who shows up.

Gentlemen,
Come to Dallas and bring your Phantoms with OEM props. We will have a fly-off.....winner gets the other guys drone. We will hire a judge, with drone experience, to make the calls.
Let’s see who shows up.
Wow ... that's almost as convincing as showing actual data to back up vague claims ..... almost.

I thought you, specifically, would like it.
So, this Saturday morning, at Webb park, Arlington, Texas, 0800 local time. You...will be there, no?

It's not obvious at all because DJI don't sell CF props.
Your dealer probably put them on and it's got nothing to do with DJI approval.
Ask Droneworld about your warranty if the drone is lost because of a bad prop.
Whew! No need to get agro bro! For the last time.The CARBON FIBRE props ARE supplied in the BOX by DJI not on the BIRD! I rest my case.May you chill out someday and stay cool.

Whew! No need to get agro bro! For the last time.The CARBON FIBRE props ARE supplied in the BOX by DJI not on the BIRD! I rest my case.May you chill out someday and stay cool.
You might have got them in the box, but they aren't DJI props and they weren't supplied by DJI.

Fair enough- you ended up with some so called carbon fibre props as part of an accessory kit. They are not DJI- they are third party. You will be lucky of they are actually genuine CF construction. Unfortunately you are playing russian roulette with your new toy. There have been many cases of these props failing during flight. Most of these 3rd party offerings are complete crap.

Attachments

• 20180919_103941.jpg
    20180919_103941.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • 20180919_104008.jpg
    20180919_104008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
Well there's the proof of the pudding.If you still want to argue look up the bar code,contact DJI and stop wingeing about me being wrong.

We mainly fly in a rugged mountainous part of South Africa. We’re still using the original props, a year on, which look like new (apart from slight discolouration on the inside hubs). We fly in harsh and windy conditions, without any issue of steadiness (other than my heartbeat). And all for the purpose of filming to a sufficiently high standard, bearing the technological ceiling of the P4P’s camera.

I can’t comment on these other props. What I can say is that the original DJI props are fit-for-purpose under our testing conditions. And - for the record - we always use the very best off-road tyres for our Land Rover Defenders and bakkies.

The CF looking props aren’t DJI, neither are the range extenders, USB cable, card reader, prop guards- actually the only DJI sources items in the combo are drone, remote and battery. The rest looks like a lucky dip from alibaba or bangood....

5CBBF207-E393-4246-BD8F-2E7084D98E53.jpeg

Found this old post,,Yeh if I remember,my p3s ones just came in bags but my p4 ones (cf)were in boxs but I think box was white like low noise props come in,I've tried all sorts of props but have gone back to originals,to me they a gimmick like the led props,,each to there own prefence,,mayby compare the 2 sorts between flight times,a difference will be show,,I'm not one to be a know it all I just what I figured out for myself over time that I have used them,my drones well out of warranty so I play safe now
20180919_205905.jpg
...added this so you know here my proof and like I said above tryed a few props,,would not surprise me either if these have cause some cracks here and there over time due to different noise and vibration on the motors stay safe and keep it in the air ;)
Screenshot_20180919-214933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We mainly fly in a rugged mountainous part of South Africa. We’re still using the original props, a year on, which look like new (apart from slight discolouration on the inside hubs). We fly in harsh and windy conditions, without any issue of steadiness (other than my heartbeat). And all for the purpose of filming to a sufficiently high standard, bearing the technological ceiling of the P4P’s camera.

I can’t comment on these other props. What I can say is that the original DJI props are fit-for-purpose under our testing conditions. And - for the record - we always use the very best off-road tyres for our Land Rover Defenders and bakkies.

I have in the past 7 or 8 threads back have talked endlessly over this ridiculous CF suject that I rest my case on it now!.This is the proof of the pudding and if they were "inferior" props - tyres then WHY does DJI supply them in the box that you buy the drone in?Look at the pic and code,send it to DJI and ask them why do they put such crappy props in the box so that you now can damage your new "toy" as somone so indignantly put it.Cio.

Attachments

• 20180919_103941.jpg
    20180919_103941.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
I have in the past 7 or 8 threads back have talked endlessly over this ridiculous CF suject that I rest my case on it now!.This is the proof of the pudding and if they were "inferior" props - tyres then WHY does DJI supply them in the box that you buy the drone in?Look at the pic and code,send it to DJI and ask them why do they put such crappy props in the box so that you now can damage your new "toy" as somone so indignantly put it.Cio.
The genuine DJI CF reinforced props for the phantom 3 had a cardboard tag on the plastic bag and looked nothing like what you have shown. They were CF fibre reinforced nylon- no visible pattern. What you have are probably only CF look alike.

What you have is most likely a package but together by the retailer the link shows DJI props for the P3

>>>>. Buy Phantom 3 Series - DJI Store

Note; Carbon fiber reinforced
Thats the ones.... No fancy pattern of what looks like woven CF encased in resign... I say looks like because unfortunately looks like is as good as most of the aftermarket pretend CF props for the phantoms are. They break at the hubs and it all ends in tears.

This is the proof of the pudding and if they were "inferior" props - tyres then WHY does DJI supply them in the box that you buy the drone in?Look at the pic and code,send it to DJI and ask them why do they put such crappy props in the box so that you now can damage your new "toy" as somone so indignantly put it.Cio.
Earth to Gadgetman ...It's very difficult to get through to you but here goes one more time.
Try reading it this time.
DJI don't make hard black props for the Phantom series.
What you have was not put in the box by DJI.
Your retailer bundled some cheap and nasty aftermarket props.

Can you show a part number from DJI for these CF props? I'm interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl