Can't get camera lens ring off ????

Correct. Try wrapping something rubber around it, grip it as loosely as possible, and turn it counter-clockwise. It'll eventually start unscrewing... just take your time and be gentle.

Yes it does, many threads on this.
It seems almost impossible to remove but using 2 fingers and a very very light touch it will turn and come off.
The lighter the better, don't squeeze, use a rubber glove.

If you have the upgraded motors you can use the prop removal wrench to remove the lens cover.

I tried that and it didn't work. The grip doesn't work. In fact I almost ruined the prop removal tool doing this. It's pretty flimsy

Best easiest/cheapest/nearest solution for this is:
go to the grocery store
get one of those rubber bands they put around broccoli to keep in bunches
problem solved. it's easy once you have this.

I keep several of the rubber bands in my case now. Makes things a LOT easier.

Gentle grip. If you grip it too tight it won't undo. It comes off really easy with a soft grip.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gentle grip. If you grip it too tight it won't undo. It comes off really easy with a soft grip.

It didn't seem to matter what level of "gentle grip" I applied. Mine still wouldn't come off. I think some of these things come from the factory with different degrees of lens filter stuckness. Possibly due to SOME of them being put together before the paint fully dries. Only thing that worked for me was the rubber band I described in previous post. It came right off then.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used a rubber band. It's more about "rotate" than "squeeze"

Yeah - use a rubber band and just rotate without trying to squeeze!! - Simples- If you grip too tight it just jams the threads!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl