Can't find what p4p battery details page showing low voltage protection means?

Reaction score
I have a p4p high cap battery that is showing "low voltage protection" in the details page. I have 3 batteries all with 28 charges on them. I noticed one falling below the rated capacity of 5870, and also noted that the details page had the low voltage protection entry and nothing else. I have run the battery until it shut off and recharged in an attempt to reset the smarts in the thing but capacity dropped even further. I get great flight time still and the cell deviation is only 10-20 millivolts off when it lands at 10%. When I let it run itself all the way down cell 3 starts to drop pretty bad so I think it is the problem child here and I will need to watch this thing like a hawk to see how it goes over the next few recharge flight cycles. I treat all my batteries the same by keeping them at a good storage voltage when not in use for more than a few days and the other 2 batteries are above their rated capacity so I think its just a weak cell in this one and the smart battery must have detected this.

Do any of the guru's/sme's know for sure what this battery detail page "low voltage protection" may mean and if there is anything that can be done?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic