Can't decide...P3S or P3P

I feel like I should not be giving out much info due to the fact I am so brand new to this hobby and I really don't know much about it yet.. That being said, my experience is as follows..
I am in a crowded area with trees and interference all around me...
With stock controller I was getting around 700 feet out and my video would start cutting in and out.. With my windsurfers I was getting about 1200 feet out and my video would start getting jumpy... With this new itelite antenna I can go straight out over 2000 feet without any loss of signal... so far it has tripled my range from stock and doubled it from windsurfers..
I only started heading back at the 2100 feet , due to the fact I got nervous... Im sure it would do much better than that.. It had strong signal the entire time.. never even blinked on my video transmission back to the controller..
To give you a scale idea of the distance on my screen shot listed below that is a full size football field right by my home base..

IMG_0104.PNG
IMG_3021.JPG

Last edited:
I just got a p3p and it's so awesome I got it refurbished from dji on eBay for $550 which was a steal deal

Hey guys! New member to the forum. Been flying quads for a couple years now..Mostly just cheap ones from Amazon. Have a total of 3. A friend let me borrow his 3dr solo for a few weeks...and now i can't bring myself to fly my old crappy drones anymore lol. I want to go with a DJI after much consideration.

So, help me decide! Here are my choices :

A refurb P3S for US $349
A new P3S for US $499
A refurb P3P for US $549

I would be purchasing the refurb from DJI's ebay store. They come with the same 1 year warranty as their new birds do, and you really can't beat that price. I can't afford to go near 1k.

The main concern i have about the standard is the obvious one, range. I watched a ton of videos over the last few days about mods to improve range..Seems like the best one is replacing the antennas all together for about 60 bucks and most people have pretty good results with that. But from what i'm seeing, it still doesn't come close to light bridge distances.

So if i went with the pro, i'd have to wait a bit to buy a second battery. If i go with the standard, ill buy another battery when i purchase.

What would you guys do? I've heard the standard is amazing for the price, but i'm worried i'll quickly outgrow the range limitations being that i already know how to fly. What would you do in my shoes? Pros/cons i may not be thinking about?

I went with the pro model because of the battery charger (100 w.) Verses the standard & advance
Charging at (75 w.) It does make a difference!
I love my pro! I'm really new at this drone and this forum. Hope this helps.

I have a phantom standard I would go with the phantom pro that's what I am saving for!

Hey guys! New member to the forum. Been flying quads for a couple years now..Mostly just cheap ones from Amazon. Have a total of 3. A friend let me borrow his 3dr solo for a few weeks...and now i can't bring myself to fly my old crappy drones anymore lol. I want to go with a DJI after much consideration.

So, help me decide! Here are my choices :

A refurb P3S for US $349
A new P3S for US $499
A refurb P3P for US $549

I would be purchasing the refurb from DJI's ebay store. They come with the same 1 year warranty as their new birds do, and you really can't beat that price. I can't afford to go near 1k.

The main concern i have about the standard is the obvious one, range. I watched a ton of videos over the last few days about mods to improve range..Seems like the best one is replacing the antennas all together for about 60 bucks and most people have pretty good results with that. But from what i'm seeing, it still doesn't come close to light bridge distances.

So if i went with the pro, i'd have to wait a bit to buy a second battery. If i go with the standard, ill buy another battery when i purchase.

What would you guys do? I've heard the standard is amazing for the price, but i'm worried i'll quickly outgrow the range limitations being that i already know how to fly. What would you do in my shoes? Pros/cons i may not be thinking about?
Get the P3Pro!!! Besides the range it also has the vision positioning system. You can do an antenna mod but you still will be pushing low power wifi not lightbridge. Even if you don't need the extra range think of the extra power breaking through interference, trees etc. P3P for sure! and yes buy at least 1 extra battery. + you can then do antenna mods to the P3P and REALLY go far!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl