Can't connect camera to app. New to this whole world!

Gotcha. I will strip an old charger when I get off work and see how thick the wire is. Do you know how many spots I need to plug?

That iOSD connector has only four holes 2 for the yellow (video) and 2 for the black (ground). All you are doing jumping the video so you can check that the TX and monitor are setup and working correctly before the iOSD comes in. The rest should a snap once you have everything just pull out those jumper and plug iOSD module.

Almost forgot to mention do not turn on the system on without the antenna attached to the TX.

I don't trust the wires I found.. I'm gonna wait til I get the osd. But is there a switch I need to turn on the transmitter? And what channel should I have the monitor on?

I see the channel switches

Attachments

• 1462045562042.jpg
    1462045562042.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 244
I see the channel switches

Read the manual that came with both the TX and monitor and at this point you see anything on the monitor as the video circuit is open. What you need to know what band that TX operates on then which of the 5 channels provides the best video picture. Both the camera and monitor have to be on a NTSC signal in order to have a rock solid picture. since the monitor is diversity receiver both RX 1 and RX 2 also have to be on the same channels. So once again read both manuals carefully.

I got the mini iosd today.. it came with a set of 4 wires along with the black cable. Do I need to solder that also?

I got the mini iosd today.. it came with a set of 4 wires along with the black cable. Do I need to solder that also?

There doesn't seem to be a switch for setting the camera to NTSC or PAL must be an auto function. Same goes for the monitors manual regarding the menu functions so you'll just have to go through the menu in the dark if the monitor manual is the same as the online manual.

The only menu options were probably the same as the online manual. Brightness. contrast. color. sharpness. rotation. volume. power off and language

The only menu options were probably the same as the online manual. Brightness. contrast. color. sharpness. rotation. volume. power off and language

The online manual didn't even have a menu.but there must be other settings besides picture controls.

The only thing that plugs into the camera is the one into the USB right? I'm gonna get online and see if I can find anything on the menu options

The only thing that plugs into the camera is the one into the USB right? I'm gonna get online and see if I can find anything on the menu options

Watch this video should help you set it up. Believe me this works great but no no comparison to the Black Pearl I'm using.and I thought mine was hard to setup when I first got it.

Thanks for finding that. However I worked through all those tonight trying to get a signal. I have been able to find the clearest channel and I can tell by the iosd features on the screen that it's gonna work nicely but there is zero signal from the camera. When I got the Phantom with the camera I immediately downloaded the yi action video app and was able to see that the camera does work.. so it's just a matter of figuring out why the camera signal isn't coming in. I believe you said that the camera doesn't have the ability to manually change to the ntsc and that it is probably an auto function.

Is the camera suppose to be turning on with everything else automatically? It isnt. I think there is an antenna port under it also but it wouldn't need that right? I'm just trying to narrow the solutions down

Thanks for finding that. However I worked through all those tonight trying to get a signal. I have been able to find the clearest channel and I can tell by the iosd features on the screen that it's gonna work nicely but there is zero signal from the camera. When I got the Phantom with the camera I immediately downloaded the yi action video app and was able to see that the camera does work.. so it's just a matter of figuring out why the camera signal isn't coming in. I believe you said that the camera doesn't have the ability to manually change to the ntsc and that it is probably an auto function.

Did you turn the camera on and start recording? None of those inputs to the bottom of the monitor have anything do with not receiving video from the camera.

Also check the yellow/black video wires and the connections to make sure they are correctly wired.

These two cables my fingers are on are the two we were talking about that were coming off the cable that is plugged into the gimbal

Attachments

• 1462331668711.jpg
    1462331668711.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 232
When I pulled up the assistant software I was able to run a calibration on my control through the Phantom assistant.. but I hadn't realized that I didn't do the rc assistant.. but I can't figure out how to get the controller synced with the computer.. I plugged it in with the USB.. any idea what I'm doing wrong? I think the x1 sensitivity control is on that software

When I pulled up the assistant software I was able to run a calibration on my control through the Phantom assistant.. but I hadn't realized that I didn't do the rc assistant.. but I can't figure out how to get the controller synced with the computer.. I plugged it in with the USB.. any idea what I'm doing wrong? I think the x1 sensitivity control is on that software

Just make sure the USB cable is completely plugged into the RC unit. If it still isn't working try another cable. If your still having problems open it up and check if the USB is plugged into the circuit board. Be careful when taking the cover off as it held on by the ring around the antenna.

The X1 sensitivity control is in the P2 assistant software. But you still have to calibrate the sticks and X! in the RC assistant first then connect to the P2 assistant an calibrate both sticks/X1 again. Then you can go to gimbal configuration and adjust the speed sensitivity of X1 by moving the slider from 50 to the left

Yah some things not right with it. I took it up tonight at about 20 meters and it started to trail off on me going forward I believe.. it was pretty windy on top of that but as I was pulling it back toward me to get it back where I had it it took a dump.. my daughter wouldn't stop yapping in my ear and as I was telling her to be quiet so I could figure things out I looked up and saw it disoriented in the air and came down.. luckily for me the ground is really soft from the rain.. no known damage other than one broke prop.. lost 2 dampers but I got that taken care of with zip ties now.. didn't take it back up because I need to figure out all the calibrations.. I ran out of time last night so I couldn't. When I get some time at my parents I'm going to plug it in and figure it out. If you don't mind please send me the pictures of all the adjustments/calibrations I need to do. I also ordered 4 new props. I have a spare for the broken one but for all I know the current ones are damaged somehow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj